Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: and......they've gone"  (Read 2036 times)

white-blazes

• Joined Apr 2011
  • Anglesey
and......they've gone"
« on: December 05, 2011, 09:17:49 pm »
Loaded the 4 pigs this morning at 8am and got to Wrexham for 10am. 

Not used this abatoir before (in fact it's only our 2nd experience with piggies), so I'm looking forward to seeing what he have when we collect on Saturday.  Last time (June) we had 2 pigs who went to an abatoir 5 miles away then another local butcher did the cutting.  This time, despite being booked in 6 weeks ago, the abatoir let us down badly >:(

JEP

• Joined Oct 2011
Re: and......they've gone"
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2011, 07:39:35 am »
put a bad remark on the abattoir site the more they see it the better
they may think twice next time

Barrett

• Joined Jun 2011
  • North Somerset
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2011, 12:46:23 pm »
JEP, totally agree, we all now that cutting plants/butchers are all busy round Christmas time hence why we pre plan and book in early, there thoughts are that because we not big clients we don't matter. :o

white-blazes

• Joined Apr 2011
  • Anglesey
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2011, 09:32:05 pm »
I won't do that as we intend using them again, if we get more pigs we'll get them to go to slaughter September at the latest.  The local butcher did a far better job of cutting than the one we were forced to use last week.  I appreciate they were probably snowed under with work and fitted us in which was good of them, but disappointed really in what we got back.  Next time I'll definately use the two local places, plus the saving on fuel will be huge.

princesspiggy

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2011, 07:06:31 am »
i dont think  u can get rude with them if u are only sending a few each year, cos if they turn u away its more inconvenient to u than it is to them. sticking to november at latest wud be less stressful. plus the strike had a lot to do with it.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS