Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Welcome to the TAS forums  (Read 19998 times)

Dan

• The Accidental Smallholder
  • Administrator
  • Joined Oct 2007
  • Carnoustie, Angus
    • Facebook
Welcome to the TAS forums
« on: October 21, 2007, 10:00:53 am »
Well, it's taken us nearly 4 years, but as you can see we've finally got the Accidental Smallholder forums up and running. Over those years we've had lots of emails from people who wanted to see a forum on the site, so we hope to see lots of you signing up and participating, sharing your knowledge and seeking help and advice.

We don't know many (any?) of the answers, and we're relying on you, yes you, to help!

If you want to see any new boards added, or extra features, don't be shy, just ask. We'll probably say yes.

Dan (& Rosemary)
« Last Edit: October 21, 2007, 10:10:49 am by Dan »

Judith

• Joined Oct 2007
Re: Welcome to the TAS forums
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2007, 11:40:04 am »

Hi

I found your website by accident ages ago and have been looking at it ever since.  I really enjoy it. Anyway, this looks as though it will be a really good forum as there are lots of plans we have for our own smallholding down here in Cornwall and because we both work fulltime we don't always have the time that we need to go off looking for information.  Too busy working on what we are doing - but getting there. I even resent having to do housework (who doesn't?) or shopping because it takes me away from the work we need to do! So if we can get info and advice online from other smallholders it will be a Godsend!  I wish you very good luck with the forum and will be checking in regularly with lots of questions etc.  I have you saved to favourites so can always find you.

Best of luck.

Judith

jan

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2007, 01:15:23 pm »
A huge congratulations to you both Dan and Rosemary for not only finding the time to build this up, but also being able to help lots of different agendas.  I must also thank you both for the help you gave to me when we first aquired our chooks last year.  And a huge hello to all the new people that will be joining.  Well done.. ;D

Fluffywelshsheep

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Near Stirling, Central Scotland
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2007, 02:01:07 pm »
thanks for this Dan and Rosemary, am just up the road in tullibody, and you have given be hope to one day to have my own small holding but at the moment i am resigned to have a Veggy patch and garden in a council housing estate.
Linz

Dan

• Administrator
  • Joined Oct 2007
  • Carnoustie, Angus
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2007, 02:06:28 pm »
Thanks all, lovely to see you here.  :)

Linz, don't stop hoping, we were just at the right place at the right time to get our place.

Fluffywelshsheep

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Near Stirling, Central Scotland
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2007, 02:19:22 pm »
:) Well i was given a chicken once while i was collecting some chicken poo,from the local freecyce group but i thought that my neighbour would either complain or try and eat it lol.
Linz

jan

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2007, 08:14:32 pm »
Hi Dan, dont know if this idea will work, but what about a section where new peeps can introduce themselves and give a rundown of what they have etc?? Only an idea though. :-\

Dan

• Administrator
  • Joined Oct 2007
  • Carnoustie, Angus
    • Facebook
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2007, 09:02:15 pm »
That's a great idea jan, I've done just that.

Please head over to the Introduce yourself board and do just that.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS