Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Which breed?  (Read 6310 times)

princesspiggy

Re: Which breed?
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2011, 10:21:44 am »
You are what you eat, and your pigs will taste of the environment in which you put them, and the feed you give them

we have just tasted our first gos after eating tammies for years. both fed and raised exactly the same, free range in woodland.
result
i find tammie meat just glorius, rich in flavour and succulent - and "so good" u just have to say it outloud (lol)
our gos is totally lovely and more like the meat i grew up on in terms of flavour. alot cleaner on the palate and flavour more delicate.
i think gos would suit different recipes to tammie meat. both fantastic, very different in taste but equally superb.
the only meat we werent too impressed with were the black xbreds we got from the mart a few years ago, tho they were kept in a stable and large yard ( i was ill at the time) as opposed to free range. they were nothing special to eat (or handle) but maybe would have improved if they were free range.
also the tammies and gos smell different (when alive) so it stands to reason they will taste different.

:wave: :wave: :wave:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS