Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: pond fish free to good home  (Read 6330 times)

bloomer

• Joined Aug 2010
  • leslie, fife
  • i have chickens, sheep and opinions!!!
pond fish free to good home
« on: December 12, 2011, 12:21:51 pm »
Hi guys and girls

I know many of you have ponds so here goes...

I am moving house for various good reasons in the New Year, we are going into rented for a few years so I can't take my pond with me, the people buying the house want to get rid of the pond so I am trying to rehome my fish.

I have several good sized koi, some smaller koi, 5 blue orfe, 3 tench, 4 nice grass carp and some goldfish, all told about 50 fish.

They are free to a good home!!!

I can deliver in the midlands (50 miles from coventry) for free or further for diesel money, or obviously you can collect.

Id rather they all went to one place but as there are lots i'll split them into smaller batches if necessary.

If anyone can help let me know i'd like to move them asap before the pond freezes.

If someone is thinking about a pond I also have a pump and filter available that will manage quite a sizeable pond...

thanks all hope someone can help...

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
Re: pond fish free to good home
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2011, 12:39:23 pm »
You could also offer them on Freegle (http://ilovefreegle.org/ )or freecycle (http://www.freecycle.org/) These are local so you can even meet the people who take them - or deliver them to inspect their ponds.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

bloomer

• Joined Aug 2010
  • leslie, fife
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2011, 12:53:01 pm »

i belong to another forum that's about fish and have offered them on there as well and should find a home easy enough.

planned move date to Alloa is set for 1st February (am very excited)

deepinthewoods

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2011, 02:10:22 pm »
be careful offering up free carp! its a traditional christmas dinner for some of our eastern european cousins.

darkbrowneggs

• Joined Aug 2010
    • The World is My Lobster
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2011, 02:25:57 pm »
Hi there.  I am about 20 minutes from Worcester, and have this to offer .  Recently cleaned and filled with rainwater, and also can rehome greenery etc.

The middle pond (where they would go) is totally heron proof ( 10 years trial)

PM me if suitable.  Happy to defray costs of delivery.
To follow my travel journal see http://www.theworldismylobster.org.uk

For lots of info about Marans and how to breed and look after them see www.darkbrowneggs.info

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2011, 02:48:37 pm »
Gosh, that looks lovely - they'd be happy fishes! 

Looking forward to meeting you all, Mr & Mrs Bloomer and little Bloomings! ;D ;D ;D  Remember to send me details of any properties you want to see and I'll do a reccie for you first.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

beegl

• Joined Dec 2009
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2011, 03:02:22 pm »
hi bloomer have emailed you we are in nuneaton and can collect at a time to suit you for them to go in our large pool regards alan

bloomer

• Joined Aug 2010
  • leslie, fife
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2011, 04:06:27 pm »
Gosh, that looks lovely - they'd be happy fishes! 

Looking forward to meeting you all, Mr & Mrs Bloomer and little Bloomings! ;D ;D ;D  Remember to send me details of any properties you want to see and I'll do a reccie for you first.

annie if we can ever pin an agent down who doesn't want us to move in right now... i will do.

the property market appears fast moving so will possibly not be able to confirm where we are going till mid jan but i will deff be asking you for opinions nearer the time!!!

bloomer

• Joined Aug 2010
  • leslie, fife
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2011, 04:06:51 pm »
Hi there.  I am about 20 minutes from Worcester, and have this to offer .  Recently cleaned and filled with rainwater, and also can rehome greenery etc.

The middle pond (where they would go) is totally heron proof ( 10 years trial)

PM me if suitable.  Happy to defray costs of delivery.

pm sent that looks stunning

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS