Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Kune Kunes - Must Go This Week  (Read 2766 times)

AlexInLincs

• Joined Apr 2010
Kune Kunes - Must Go This Week
« on: December 07, 2011, 12:53:37 pm »
We're sadly having to sell our Kune Kune's due to complaint by a number of the local residents (my wife can't cope with people moaning!) about the noise.

We have the following available:

1 x Black/Brown Sow - nearly 2 had first litter in summer. Registered with BKKPS

1 x Black/White Gilt - nearly 2.  Possibly infertile as living with proven boar and never had a litter. BKKPS Reg

1 x Black/White Proven Boar - nearly 2.  Sired first litter in summer.  Big, gentle lad!  BKKPS Reg

1 x black/white gilt - 8 months. BKKPS reg.  Probably in pig thanks to our frisky boar!

1x brown gilt - 8 months BKKPS reg

4 Piglet Boars (1 ginger, 1 white and 2 black and brown) 

16 weeks old Can be registered with BKKPS if required. All currently entire, can be castrated for additional fee.  Ready now.

Any sensible offers considered.

Email : kunes@analysis21.co.uk

Mobile : 07971 223020

landroverroy

• Joined Oct 2010
Re: Kune Kunes - Must Go This Week
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2011, 06:08:57 pm »
 Didn't realise Kune Kunes were that noisy. What sort of noise do they make? Do they do it al the time, or does something set them off, like it being feed time? :pig:
Rules are made:
  for the guidance of wise men
  and the obedience of fools.

Sylvia

• Joined Aug 2009
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2011, 01:47:45 pm »
My Kunes give no more than soft grunts, as though talking to one another. But when I appear carrying a bucket they let rip but for no more time than it takes to chuck a bit of grub their way.

AlexInLincs

• Joined Apr 2010
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2011, 09:40:34 pm »
Hi

Totally agree that food is a fantastic silencer for them, but sadly them going crazy when we appear has become a bit of a sore point with the neighbours and it is stressing my wife.

thestephens

• Joined Mar 2011
  • aberdeenshire
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2011, 10:07:40 pm »
just too far for us and theres always the question how to smuggle them past the husband!

Sylvia

• Joined Aug 2009
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2011, 08:28:43 am »
Would your neighbours be more sympathtic if they were introduced to them and could see their charm for themselves? :-\

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS