Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Slaughterers, grrrrrrr  (Read 1677 times)

white-blazes

• Joined Apr 2011
  • Anglesey
Slaughterers, grrrrrrr
« on: November 28, 2011, 10:39:12 am »
We visited the slaughterers on Thursday 20 October, and booked our 4 pigs in for this Thursday 1st December - giving them plenty of notice you'd think ???

As they are too busy to butcher, we then booked the local butcher to collect this Saturday. He was going to do 3 for pork and 1 for curing etc.

This would be our second experience, and with both places being within 5 miles away, ideal for us.

YESTERDAY, slaughterers rang me to say they can't do this Thursday, but to bring in next Thursday 8th.  This caused slight problems in that hubby works away every other week Wednesday-to-Wednesday so I rang around finding an alternative driver (me being a wimp can't tow, let alone reverse into the narrow loading space in the slaughterers).  So this morning I ring the butchers and he simply can't collect on the 10th as it's too near to Christmas and he's extremely busy.

I am FUMING >:(  The butcher gave me the name of another place in Wrexham, so now we have a 2 hour (at least) journey to deliver the pigs next Monday, then 2 hour journey home again.  Followed by the same again to collect the meat.

grrrrrrrrrrrrrr can you feel my frustation???????

Eve

• Joined Jul 2010
Re: Slaughterers, grrrrrrr
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2011, 01:21:32 pm »
What a pain!
If they're so busy, mistakes happen can more easily, so check you've got your own pigs back.

Sylvia

• Joined Aug 2009
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2011, 02:24:04 pm »
As Eve says, check carefully. I took two today and slapped them fore and aft to be sure. Though, apart from having an extra lamb's shoulder one year, our abbatoir is very good.

princesspiggy

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2011, 09:39:31 pm »
the nfu have texted me and warned of delays at alot abattoirs cos the strikes on wed. luckily ours werent stopped from going today, cos the butchers are so busy they cud only fit us in this week. a weeks delay would have messed everything up completely for us!
sorry 4 u  >:(

white-blazes

• Joined Apr 2011
  • Anglesey
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2011, 10:09:18 pm »
A weeks delay messes it up for me too, we planned it right, gave them 6 weeks notice and they let me down, idiots!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS