Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Wanted panacur pig wormer East Yorks  (Read 3852 times)

cuckoo

• Joined Jan 2011
Wanted panacur pig wormer East Yorks
« on: November 21, 2011, 04:37:47 pm »
Hi,

Does anyone within a reasonable travelling distance of Goole ie 15 miles have any panacur pig wormer I could buy - I only have 6 pigs and £45 for 2.5 kg is a bit expensive so I thought I'd try on here before getting it

Thanks

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
    • festivalcarriages.co.uk
Re: Wanted panacur pig wormer East Yorks
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2011, 04:56:34 pm »
I had to buy the big tub of wormer too .....and would gladly let you have some had you been closer.  I did meet a friend last weekend at a horse event that lives in your area, and probably could have given her some wormer and you could have collected it from here - had i known you wanted some of course.

Daisys Mum

• Joined May 2009
  • Scottish Borders
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2011, 05:50:56 pm »

According to my vet any panacur will do as they are all the same, pig, horse ,dog etc. just a question of getting the dosage right.
Anne

cuckoo

• Joined Jan 2011
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2011, 05:57:38 pm »
Hi,

Thanks for the replies - problem solved as somene is going to show / help me to inject them

:wave:

shep53

• Joined Jan 2011
  • Dumfries & Galloway
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2011, 08:52:22 pm »
TWO points  panacur  in all species is oral not injectable and while it is the same product the strength can vary from 1.5% to 10%

cuckoo

• Joined Jan 2011
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2011, 09:28:10 pm »
Hi - dont worry we will not inject them with Panacur! - I only wanted to use that as have not been able to previously inject them so preferred an orally administered wormer - but we are going to inject them with a different wormer instead.

hughesy

• Joined Feb 2010
  • Anglesey
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2011, 10:00:02 pm »
How does the law stand on this? A shop has to be licenced and have qualified staff in order to sell prescription medicines like panacur. So what's the deal with getting some off a friend, or somebody off the internet etc. What are you going to put in your record book?

cuckoo

• Joined Jan 2011
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2011, 10:43:06 pm »
Dont want to open a can of worms! I will get the meds from my vet and then get some help to inject it so all above board
 :wave:

landroverroy

• Joined Oct 2010
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2011, 09:55:51 pm »
 Hi Cuckoo, Have read what you said about a friend helping you inject your pigs, and presume it's something like Ivomec that you'll be using.
 However, if you're wanting to worm them in future and still have a problem with injecting, then you can get Panacur liquid from BATA at Carlton, near Snaith.   The smallest quantity is a lot less than £45, or failing that, if you PM me I can sell you the ammount you need as I use the 10% solution for all my animals - cattle, sheep, dogs, hens, horses, donkeys, mule, husband... (only joking there).
 I live near Snaith, which I presume is not a million miles away from you
Rules are made:
  for the guidance of wise men
  and the obedience of fools.

cuckoo

• Joined Jan 2011
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2011, 09:35:25 am »
Hi Landroverroy!

I got the 4 lambs from you earlier this year - all 4 doing well - the biggest two will be going in freezer in a few weeks! I willHope they taste as good as yours!!

Cuckoo

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS