Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: WANTED SOME ONE WHO KNOWS MUSHROOMS IN FIFE  (Read 5553 times)

demonfarmer2630

• Joined May 2011
  • kennoway
  • soor plooms
WANTED SOME ONE WHO KNOWS MUSHROOMS IN FIFE
« on: November 20, 2011, 09:07:49 pm »
i am looking for someone who forages mushrooms i would like to learn about mushrooms which are edible and which arnt if anyone can teach me im near cupar surrounded by trees and woods i have tried to use books but had a bad time in hospital as ate the wrong kind  so if you can teach me i would be great full

Sandy

Re: WANTED SOME ONE WHO KNOWS MUSHROOMS IN FIFE
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2012, 10:53:42 pm »
My brother studies mushrooms but....its too risky, sorry you ended up in hospital but they are hard to tell apart. We go for walks and see people with huge baskets but they take them to a sorting place to be checked.  I love mushrooms but am in no way confident so I do not pick any, as you know the toxins stay in your liver so can be nasty..hope some one can help but I suspect its a hard one to teach!!

bigchicken

• Joined Nov 2008
  • Fife Scotland
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2012, 11:49:44 pm »
I went on a mushroom day with a ranger type chap in blairadam forrest near Kelty a few years back and although a very interesting day. I came to the decision that mushroom hunting was not for the novice. Maybe your local ranger service could help.
Shetland sheep, Castlemilk Moorits sheep, Hebridean sheep, Scots Grey Bantams, Scots Dumpy Bantams. Shetland Ducks.

dizzy1pig

• Joined Jan 2010
  • Leuchars, Fife
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2012, 07:35:50 pm »
tony wilson, fife ranger service does courses in tentsmuir sometimes

CameronS

• Joined Aug 2009
  • North East Fife
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2012, 02:46:33 pm »
the fungal trips around tentsmuir with tony wilson are really good! we went on one with the college. but the day we went out i wasn't feeling to great so have remembered very little.
i can tell you/identify the bad ones, but not the eatables

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS