Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Best Ducks for Laying  (Read 14311 times)

northfifeduckling

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Fife
    • North Fife Blog
Re: Best Ducks for Laying
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2011, 08:10:29 am »
our hens and ducks live in the same garden but have different bed times , so different houses  ;D I have to screen the cockerel off in the mornings when I let the ducks out, he's just very protective of his own girls but the ducks take no crap from the hens, some hissing going on if they get too annoying!  :chook:
You may  not get many eggs until spring as it's their well deserved  breaktime from laying. Mine are down from 8 to 2 eggs now and they will be back end February/March.  :&>

Barrett

• Joined Jun 2011
  • North Somerset
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2011, 12:26:01 pm »
Cool pictures of the different ducks, my pigs are brought up around chickens will the ducks be ok should they wonder into a pig pen. Having chickens now for some time I realised how easy it must have been to write the film Chicken Run I think all poultry owners could so easily write the sequel. They are so funny ;D

princesspiggy

« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2011, 07:23:44 pm »
our runners laid a good 60-70 each this year (yearlings). i was pleased with that.
they are happy to use nest boxes unlike our old campbells, with laid eggs outside which got eaten by the dogs

Blinkers

• Joined Jan 2008
  • Carmarthenshire
  • Carmarthenshire/Pembrokeshire border
    • Glyn Elwyn - Faithmead Herd
    • Facebook
« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2011, 07:25:36 pm »
Personally......I love my Cherry Valley.   Got 2 of 'em and get 2 eggs every single day come rain or shine  :&>
Did you ever stop to think, and forget to start again !!
www.glynelwyn.co.uk

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS