Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Price, cost and value  (Read 2369 times)

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
Price, cost and value
« on: November 18, 2011, 01:01:09 am »
I popped into a shoe shop that I like to see if they had any nice shoes on offer.

No, the lady said, no offers in store today but there was £5 off for a mail order at the moment - and I could pick up the shoes in store if I liked, they had them all in stock.  But, she said, better to wait as they were about to have a new promotion, which would be a free handbag with a pair of shoes.

Well, I said, that would be a good deal if you actually wanted a handbag... Oh, it is better, she said, the handbag is worth £33.  Only if you wanted a handbag in the first place, I said. 

She clearly hadn't a clue what I was saying, and must have thought I was an idiot to not be able to grasp that a £33 handbag wasn't better value than £5 off.

As I left the store (with the mail order catlaogue :)), I was muttering to myself that that was what was wrong with our whole economy...
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

manian

• Joined Sep 2010
Re: Price, cost and value
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2011, 06:26:19 am »
I popped into a shoe shop that I like to see if they had any nice shoes on offer.

No, the lady said, no offers in store today but there was £5 off for a mail order at the moment - and I could pick up the shoes in store if I liked, they had them all in stock. 

this happened with printer cartridges in PC world....... went into store and they said offer was only available on line......(but I could collect same day as ordering and pay in store)... i said its 10 miles back home, so 20 miles round trip just to order and pick up fromthe till 20 steps away.  the young lad very nice though and winked and pointed to the ipads in the corner.... all conected to internet and said he couldn't do it for me but if i want a demo!!!
 ;) ;) ;)
well ink brought online, walked to the till and they were there already!!!! job done :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS