Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: New Junior Section perhaps?  (Read 4537 times)

pigsatlesrues

• Joined Oct 2008
  • Normandy, France
New Junior Section perhaps?
« on: January 24, 2008, 01:22:15 pm »
Just wondering about the possibility of adding in a Junior section onto the forum?

Have no idea about the legalities of it of course.

We have a 13 year old who loves riding; she has 2 horses that live at stables; she is involved with her fancy chooks and looks after the rabbits and ducks here.

I know most kids talk to eachother on MSN - god forbid they should use the telephone or talk face to face! - but this type of interest isn't necessarily a subject shared by friends at school. It might be quite nice for them to be able to talk to like minded teenagers even if it is only to moan about cleaning out the rabbits!! For those living in more remote areas it could also be a way of making new friends.

I don't know of any other forums that offer this facility - this could be because they haven't thought of it, or maybe it a legal thing after all.

What do others think?

Kate
Bonjour et avoir un bon jour !

carole

• Joined Oct 2007
Re: New Junior Section perhaps?
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2008, 01:30:43 pm »
What a good idea Kate, I for one think we should encourage our youngsters to be involved.

Carole

Fluffywelshsheep

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Near Stirling, Central Scotland
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2008, 01:40:19 pm »
that good then the youngsters of the family members can     also join in :)

Dan

• The Accidental Smallholder
  • Administrator
  • Joined Oct 2007
  • Carnoustie, Angus
    • The Accidental Smallholder
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2008, 06:45:05 pm »
Excellent idea Kate, I've setup a Juniors forum in the Community section. Only registered users can access it so casual visitors to the forums won't see it. That means we need word of mouth to get it going, so please encourage any youngsters you know who might be interested to register.

As for keeping it safe, the forums are carefully moderated, and we get notification of all new members and I then check them out.   ;D

If anyone wants to volunteer to help moderate a particular forum let me know - you get to wield the editorial pen (not that you lot need it!) and are charged with keeping it interesting if the posts start to dry up.

Dan

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS