Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Smallholding Sitting Service  (Read 14518 times)

Pel

• Joined Mar 2009
Re: Smallholding Sitting Service
« Reply #30 on: March 27, 2012, 10:53:25 am »
Hi Ina,

I got my insure with Axa, I can't ride on it, but that is prefectly fine for me. I tried getting a quote with NFU but they were useless.
I have a contract that i send to clients, which covers things like cancellation or what i can and cant do, and things like advise is just that and nothing more.
I also do my own tax returns, very simple.. and is very good because it means you pay your NI contributions which is great for when i became pregnant as i got MA.
Also when i advertise in local rags i can write it down as expenses and take it out of the business, rather than my own money.
What to charge depends greatly on where you live, a lot of the big agency charge twice as much as i do, and so do several of the english sitters, but where i live i can't charge that much otherwise i wouldnt have any clients. 
Try looking at animal aunts, animal angels, 2 minds horse sitting, and just put in google smallholding/farm sitting and look at their prices.
As for your cat, there are a couple of sitters who just do within a 15-20mile radius of their house, i have one local to me who mainly sits/visits cats and dogs and other small animals (as she lives near a town). There is also a smallholding/farm sitter down in devon that does this too.
If you've got any more questions, i'd be happy to anwer them.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 10:56:08 am by Pel »
Love pigs; their language, intelligence, and taste.
NPTC in chainsaws (felling small trees) and HND in Agriculture with countryside management.
Farming it runs through the blood :D

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS