Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Smallholding Sitting Service  (Read 14519 times)

Chris H

• Joined Oct 2011
Re: Smallholding Sitting Service
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2011, 09:15:14 am »
Hi.............I need a sitter for some time in February, can you e mail please?

We are at last moving North, but doing it in stages as I can't face all at once!
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

Pel

• Joined Mar 2009
« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2012, 09:43:20 pm »
I have sent you an email chris (well two, as I forgot to add starting dates) hopefully.

To add I will be available for both short and long sittings from the 8th February, going back to full-time self-employment (yay).
To date longest sitting has been 6 weeks, but If local (within an hour of SA46 0LP/Aberaeron) could do longer.
I also offer a discount on sittings longer than 10 days or more.

Love pigs; their language, intelligence, and taste.
NPTC in chainsaws (felling small trees) and HND in Agriculture with countryside management.
Farming it runs through the blood :D

Pel

• Joined Mar 2009
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2012, 11:17:36 pm »
Summer is nearly booked up now, so if your thinking of going on holiday during the school holidays please book soon to avoid disappointment.
I am happy to sit dog kennels, and continue the running of holiday cottages as well as smallholdings and farms. 
NPTC in chainsaws (felling small trees) and HND in Agriculture with countryside management.

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2012, 11:42:53 pm »
Pity you're so far away, I've just turned down a  judging appointment because my own sitter can't come. :'( :'( :'(
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Dizzycow

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Fife
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2012, 07:24:48 pm »
Shame you're just a bit too far for me to come help you, Annie.

littleacorn

• Joined Jan 2011
« Reply #20 on: February 29, 2012, 09:12:43 pm »
Just wanted to add to this thread to recommend Pippa. 

Hubby and I came back from a few days away today - Pippa (and Cae her adorable son) held the fort for us and it was wonderful to be able to go away and know that everything was in safe hands. 

;D

Pel

• Joined Mar 2009
« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2012, 10:49:02 am »
Thank you Littleacorn for letting us come and look after your animals. Your dexters have slightly changed my opinion of the breed, yours were very docile and cuddly  ;D

LulaB

• Joined Apr 2011
« Reply #22 on: March 04, 2012, 08:11:15 pm »
Pippa, why oh why can't you move to the South West?  In fact, if you could bottle what you do, I think there'd be loads of takers!

Pel

• Joined Mar 2009
« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2012, 02:25:29 pm »
Sorry just seen this, been away on several sittings. How far in the south west are you?

nelson

• Joined Jan 2011
    • lelogisfrance
Re: Smallholding Sitting Service - SW France
« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2012, 09:09:56 pm »
 :wave:

Could you sit in SW France - small holding with rare breed pigs and a few chickens plus a milking goat -  May 3- 6. Son is getting married in London.

Pel

• Joined Mar 2009
« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2012, 09:21:01 pm »
I'm sorry but I'm booked already from the 3rd till 11th May.  SW france would be very pretty, what are the costs of flights to there?

nelson

• Joined Jan 2011
    • lelogisfrance
« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2012, 09:41:23 pm »
The current fare at the moment is 46 pound each way per person.  Stanstead -  Poitiers The dates are Arrive 2 May depart 9 May.

nelson

• Joined Jan 2011
    • lelogisfrance
« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2012, 10:51:01 pm »
Oops I should of said £46 return. Plenty of food in the freezer - veg in the garden. The Boulangerie delivers bread daily. Our pigs are exceptionally friendly expecially the Berkshires. French Vet very good, and a reliable network of neighbours. If really interested please pm us.

Lorraine and David  :wave:

Pel

• Joined Mar 2009
« Reply #28 on: March 24, 2012, 08:45:57 am »
Nelson, i've got a sitter local to me who can thinks she should be able to help you  :) Pm sent.

Ina

• Joined Feb 2012
  • South Aberdeenshire
« Reply #29 on: March 25, 2012, 10:27:38 am »
Smallholding/farm/house/cat sitting is something I've done a bit of, but didn't dare do it to a greater extent because I was worried about insurance. So far I got around that by just doing it for friends and not charging (they just fill my tank with diesel or so), or having a contract as casual employee, in the case of "proper" businesses. A lot of people said I should do it full time, though. Can anybody give me a hint how to go about insurance and any other legal issues? (Another problem is my cat, so I don't like to go away too far or for too long... She's managed on her own for up to 10 days, though.)

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS