Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Receipe Book Recommendation  (Read 4318 times)

HappyHippy

Receipe Book Recommendation
« on: November 11, 2011, 09:30:57 pm »
I bought the Ladies In Pigs Farmhouse cookbook (£5 plus P&P) It arrived today and WOW  :thumbsup:
Good things most certainly DO come in small packages  ;)
It's got a cracking cutting guide and guide to cooking pork cuts to get the best from them at the start and loads of really good, easy to make receipes - everything from starters to sauces and marinades (though no cakes, much to the kids disgust  ;) :D)
It's available through the Pig World magazine, or have a look for Ladies in Pigs on facebook  ;)
Karen  :wave: (and no, I'm not on commission  ;D)

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
    • festivalcarriages.co.uk
Re: Receipe Book Recommendation
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2011, 11:41:48 pm »
I have see the ladies in pigs twice at country shows this summer, and watched their cookery demo.  Also they handed out little tubs of what they had cooked.  I have never eaten curry, and have no wish to do so, but they assured all of us watching that we would like this dish, and it was lovely.

Was going to get the book, but there was such a queue for it, meant to go back and never did.  Forgot about it till now, so will send for it!!

JulieS

• Joined Mar 2009
  • Devon - EX39 5RF
    • Ford Mill Farm
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2011, 06:49:01 am »
Thanks Karen.  Looks great.  Just ordered one  :)
Pedigree GOS Pigs and Butchery for Smallholders.

sabrina

• Joined Nov 2008
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2011, 03:25:18 pm »
I have just bought my OH the Hairy Bikers Cookbook on pie making and it looks great, looking forward to tasting what he makes  ;D

Fowgill Farm

• Joined Feb 2009
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2011, 12:57:02 pm »
When i'm at shows i normally call by the LIPS stall for some recipe leaflets which i copy and put in my pork boxes for customers but last time i visited i mentioned i kept GOS and the women on the stall looked at me like i was the scum of the earth and said well i suppose someone has to and turned her back on me, needless to say i didn't buy their book! Thought they promoted all pork not just commercial but maybe i was wrong. ???
can't remember which show it was now so will try BPEX for my next lot of recipe leaflets!
Mandy  :( :pig:

JulieS

• Joined Mar 2009
  • Devon - EX39 5RF
    • Ford Mill Farm
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2011, 02:29:33 pm »
Oh no, that's not good Mandy.  Wish I hadn't ordered one now!!

Pedigree GOS Pigs and Butchery for Smallholders.

HappyHippy

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2011, 08:18:08 pm »
I know there are 'politics' involved - I wanted to join LIPS, but as a Scottish 'lady' (lol!) couldn't because of the way the levy works apparently (English money staying in England and all that  :-\) Fair enough cos I suppose if the boot was on the other foot.....  ;)
BUT even with all that, it's a great wee book and I doubt you'd get the same amount of dedicated pork receipes in any other book for a fiver.
No offence to anyone  :-*
And as for knocking the GOS.....she doesn't know what she's missing  ;) :thumbsup:

Fowgill Farm

• Joined Feb 2009
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2011, 11:15:04 am »
Sue from LIPS kindly rang me last night after seeing our postings and is sending me some of their recipe leaflets to go in my Xmas pork boxes. She mentioned that of anyonelese wanted some to get in touch thro LIPs website (just google them ladies in pigs) They also do childrens activity packs for farm shops and schools.
They also have their recipe book on sale which as previousy mentioned by HH makes a great present.
bets mandy  :pig:

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Talley, Carmarthenshire
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2011, 11:26:30 am »
I have put the book on my christmas present list so keeping my fingers crossed that santa reads the list
Sally
Life is like a bowl of cherries, mostly yummy but some dodgy bits

Greenerlife

• Joined Mar 2009
  • Leafy Surrey
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2011, 03:34:01 pm »
I have just bought it for me for Christmas!   :pig:

Fowgill Farm

• Joined Feb 2009
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2011, 10:46:47 am »
Just a quick note to say i got the most wonderful parcel from LIPS yesterday so a big big thank you, my pork boxes will be laden with lovely info on pork this Xmas, particularly liked the squidgy pig!! Thanks again Sue very good of you.
Mandy  :pig:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS