Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Zip and the Shetlands  (Read 3761 times)

Brucklay

• Joined Apr 2010
  • Perthshire
    • Brucklay Pygmy Goats
    • Facebook
Zip and the Shetlands
« on: November 09, 2011, 06:51:29 pm »
Well possibly this should be in Dogs but it does contain sheep so here it is - had Zip about 3 weeks now and OMG how he has grown - he's getting so confident with the sheep its just great - in fact he's starting to recognise the ones that but him now. He's been to a puppy party!! at the vets, he was a little shy but like the mountain of toys and started propar classes on sunday - here's the sheep pic
Pygmy Goats, Shetland Sheep, Zip & Indie the Border Collies, BeeBee the cat and a wreak of a building to renovate!!

jaykay

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Cumbria/N Yorks border
Re: Zip and the Shetlands
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2011, 06:54:53 pm »
He's very sweet - made me smile ;D lol on the puppy party  :D
Won't sheep butting him when he's small make him scared of them?
« Last Edit: November 09, 2011, 06:58:52 pm by jaykay »

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2011, 06:55:39 pm »
he's so lovely... great picture too :)
Little Blue

Brucklay

• Joined Apr 2010
  • Perthshire
    • Brucklay Pygmy Goats
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2011, 06:59:12 pm »
only a little but and it's just the two older ewe's - he now knows 'who they are' with all the lambs he races them to the feed trough and seems to love sheep feed as much as they do!! He is certainly not scared of them - little terror springs to mind  ;D ;D ;D
Pygmy Goats, Shetland Sheep, Zip & Indie the Border Collies, BeeBee the cat and a wreak of a building to renovate!!

jaykay

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Cumbria/N Yorks border
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2011, 10:32:01 pm »
Ha, he certainly looks full of it  :D It takes me back to Skye being a puppy (10 now and still very silly  :D)

Tilly

• Joined Jan 2011
  • "Possibilities and miracles mean the same thing"
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2011, 10:35:43 am »

Hi Brucklay :wave:
What a lovely little puppy you have there  :love:.... you are going to have lots of fun with him :D
.... is he to become a working  sheepdog do you think?

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Talley, Carmarthenshire
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2011, 10:45:56 am »
Lovely picture.  I wanted to take out puppy to a party at the vets too but unfortunately they aren't having the next one for a while by which time he will probably be too old.
Sally
Life is like a bowl of cherries, mostly yummy but some dodgy bits

Dougal

• Joined Jul 2011
  • Port O' Menteith, Stirlingshire
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2011, 06:55:12 pm »
Glad the pup is growing like a mushroom. Mind he doesn't get hurt by one o the ewes or you'll really struggle to get him to work. The rest of the litter are all away now so the better half gets a little more time to her self! Had Tiff (the bitch) out gathering on the hill today, I think having 11 pups has tried her patience because she was a lot keener to come onto the she than she used to be, must be the mothers instict! All he best with Zip. I look forward to reading the reports!

It's always worse for someone else, so get your moaning done before they start using up all the available symathy!

Brucklay

• Joined Apr 2010
  • Perthshire
    • Brucklay Pygmy Goats
    • Facebook
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2011, 07:33:14 pm »
Hi Dougal - not an ounce of fear in him - he knows the 2 ewes that but and Skip's a merry dance out of their way and with the tamer ewe lambs he's a bit of a bully - shifts them out of the way to get to the sheep trough!! Has decided pulling a bit of fleece from a back side is far more fun than off the fence - trying to distract him from doing this as their on their way for breakfast - you should see the size of him - serious puppy classes on sunday basically  for interaction with other dogs and people as I rarely even see the postman!! He's very good in his kennel, eating well and great fun - in face off out now for out 'shed light' play

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS