Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Experiences and support  (Read 19027 times)

pigsatlesrues

• Joined Oct 2008
  • Normandy, France
Experiences and support
« on: January 24, 2008, 12:28:27 pm »
I have been reading the postings on this forum over the past couple of days and find it quite wonderful that people on here are so kind and helpful towards others. There is such a mix of experience and inexperience on so many different topics and it is so nice to read the postings knowing that others are genuinely interested in what you are doing or trying to achieve. People can write about their concerns and others freely give encouragement, they share the highs and low of others and support where and when necessary. We are all strangers and yet in a lovely way thanks to Dan and Rosemary we have all come together and become really good pen pals and developed such a lovely friendly environment to be part of.

Not all the advice given is necessarily god written, but it is given from that persons experience and since we are all different what works for one does not necessarily work for another. One animal is different from another, one patch of ground is different from the next. In all things, someone has taken the time to think about it and write it, and in turn we can all read it and glean what information we can use to help our individual situations.

It is nice to know that members of this forum have no hidden agenda unlike others in the 'outside world'. No bullying no nastiness - it is a sad old world out there sometimes.  All are genuine and aiming for the same goal - to achieve their dreams and their goals, to keep learning and do better,  and with the support offered here I am sure that everyone will get there in the end.

That is my aah! for the day, and have a lovely day everyone!

Kate

« Last Edit: January 24, 2008, 01:09:00 pm by pigsatlesrues »
Bonjour et avoir un bon jour !

MrRee

• Joined Jan 2008
Re: Experiences and support
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2008, 12:44:45 pm »
Well said and here here! The commonality of striving towards personal goals,coupled with the mutual respect,care and concern for our animals,in my own opinion,eliminates ulterior motives. What a fantastic,almost Utopian,forum to be associated with.... Ree
They don’t join cliques — more times than not, they stand alone — but they recognize and gravitate towards one another. Only warriors understand other warriors.

Fluffywelshsheep

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Near Stirling, Central Scotland
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2008, 01:19:52 pm »
hip hip horay for TAS forum
 :D ;D

It does not matter how slow you go so long as you do not stop.
— Wisdom of Confucius.

carole

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2008, 01:49:41 pm »
Well said Kate, and I agree that each experience is different. Iam sure we have all read the books, remembered the facts so got the theory out of the way, but the practical is always the hardest.
Oh please, I do hope the forum continues to be a happy place. Seems daft but I feel I have found some good friends here.
Cheers
Carole

Dan

• The Accidental Smallholder
  • Administrator
  • Joined Oct 2007
  • Carnoustie, Angus
    • The Accidental Smallholder
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2008, 06:54:14 pm »
Thanks Kate, and everyone who contributes to the forums, it wouldn't be the same without you.    :-*

We setup the TAS site back in 2003 to share our experiences because so many people were interested in what we were doing. My only regret is not opening the forums up earlier - it's been on the to-do list for about 2 years! It's fantastic to hear about what you're all up to, and all the different ways we're doing it.

And Carole, we'll do our best to keep this a happy place (apart from the odd inevitable post about something dying!). I follow the principles of speaking quietly and carrying a big stick. Fortunately I haven't had to use the stick yet but I've been online long enough to know when to wield it.   ;)

Who knows, we might even have a real-world TAS event sometime, although with half of you in France we might need to charter some transport!

Dan

pigsatlesrues

• Joined Oct 2008
  • Normandy, France
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2008, 11:09:55 pm »
We could all pile onto the P & O boat Bilbao on one of their mini cruises and pick up en route!

Kate
Bonjour et avoir un bon jour !

Hilarysmum

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2008, 07:17:45 am »
Or we could meet half way   Jersey ???????????????????

Andrew

• Joined Dec 2007
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2008, 09:13:36 am »
I have always fancied going to Jersey.

Andrew

Francis Bacon

• Joined Jan 2008
  • Belabre, France
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2008, 10:06:35 am »
I totally agree, this is a fantastic site & everyone is ready to help or share a story, Happy or sad.  I'd def be up for some kind of TAS event it would be great fun - but the logistics  ;)  Maybe we could build Noah's Ark & we could bring all the animals too :P
Donna
I Love mornings - I just wish they came later in the day!

carl

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2008, 11:34:50 am »
that's the problem with the internet. it is like we all live in the same village, but we don't. who would look after all the beasts while were meeting. it is nice to know there is a site you can go to and everyone is helpful and freindly. we are not alone. my friends think i am mad for mucking about outside all weathers, on here we know that we are all truly mad, and better for it.

Fluffywelshsheep

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2008, 01:55:42 pm »
hehe i got a mental picture of noah's arc

with all the animals that need to be taken with us as no one to look after then hehe

Linz

Francis Bacon

• Joined Jan 2008
  • Belabre, France
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2008, 08:56:24 pm »
Nice one!!!! ;D

Donna
I Love mornings - I just wish they came later in the day!

Hilarysmum

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2008, 07:59:39 am »
Now that is a question that has been bothering me for some time, did Noah have pigs in his arc?

Fluffywelshsheep

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2008, 10:56:04 am »
well we have them on the earth so they must  have done lol

Hilarysmum

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2008, 11:11:45 am »
 :D :D :D

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS