Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Composting toilets - any experience?  (Read 2529 times)

sellickbhoy

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Muiravonside, near Linlithgow
Composting toilets - any experience?
« on: March 08, 2009, 07:21:24 pm »
Hi

i had the builders out today to discuss the possibility of converting the old, disused stable block in my garden into something useful (that's the stables in my pic!)

I was wanting to out a toilet down there, but the stables is at a lower level than the septic tank, so would need to pump it back up - but the height and distance might prove costly to do this, so i thought i might get a composting toilet. I do grow my own stuff, so the compost would get used.

anyone any experience of them? hints/tips?

ta

woollyval

• Joined Feb 2008
  • Near Bodmin, Cornwall
    • Val Grainger
    • Facebook
Re: Composting toilets - any experience?
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2009, 07:36:06 pm »
In my business unit I have a very posh compost toilet....an Envirolet to quote the brand. They an be with or without an electrical fan that can run on mains or 12v and in certain situations like indoors its fab, very very good, and I was a bit sceptical coz its very posh to start with ::)
I have quite a lot of experience of other sorts too..........the basic outdoor types and they are fantastic too!
www.valgrainger.co.uk

Overall winner of the Devon Environmental Business Awards 2009

sausagesandcash

• Joined Jan 2009
  • UK
    • IrishHandcraft
Re: Composting toilets - any experience?
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2009, 10:49:37 am »
The people at http://www.sallygardens.typepad.com/ put one in their home, you can give them a shout, or read about it on the website. Hope this helps!

Morgan  :farmer:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS