Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Woodburing stove - install cost?  (Read 5396 times)

blades

• Joined Jun 2011
  • Huntly
Woodburing stove - install cost?
« on: February 04, 2012, 07:37:46 pm »
Hi

I'm considering having a wood burning stove installed in a room with existing chimney... The model of stove I would like is a Handel 51L. Taking into account the cost of this stove is £1000, can anyone give me an indication of the total install cost I should expect please?

Slate hearth, a lined chimney, fire plate etc would need to be included?

Anyone know a good independent installer happy to work in the Turriff area?

Many thanks in advance
Metal Detectorist

Bangbang

Re: Woodburing stove - install cost?
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2012, 09:05:08 pm »
Hi ! Uppermill farm :wave:

I installed my own woodburner, (and two others since) - all to building control regs.
I'm not far from you so I could give you an idea once I saw the set -up.
I am a proffesional builder/ joiner to trade.

I stay just outside Maud

blades

• Joined Jun 2011
  • Huntly
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2012, 05:52:06 am »
Hi ! Uppermill farm :wave:

I installed my own woodburner, (and two others since) - all to building control regs.
I'm not far from you so I could give you an idea once I saw the set -up.
I am a proffesional builder/ joiner to trade.

I stay just outside Maud

Thanks for the reply.... PM sent
Metal Detectorist

carnehan

• Joined Mar 2012
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2012, 09:01:20 am »
Hello, we also installed our own Rayburn Royal, bought an old one on ebay for £80, and resurrected it with approx £150 of spares. Works perfectly for heating and cooking, decided to remove the back boiler as it was never intended for heating water. If you embark on a similar restoration project, feel free to drop us a line, more than happy to assist and advise on restoration. I think I can assemble rusty old Rayburns blindfolded now.

blades

• Joined Jun 2011
  • Huntly
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2012, 02:45:43 pm »
Hello, we also installed our own Rayburn Royal, bought an old one on  eBay for £80, and resurrected it with approx £150 of spares. Works perfectly for heating and cooking, decided to remove the back boiler as it was never intended for heating water. If you embark on a similar restoration project, feel free to drop us a line, more than happy to assist and advise on restoration. I think I can assemble rusty old Rayburns blindfolded now.

Thanks for the kind offer
Metal Detectorist

robert waddell

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2012, 03:16:46 pm »
a friend is getting a wood boiler installed with a grant  but his is feeding four houses and heating a workshop to qualify for the grant it did sound to good to be true but he is getting it installed shortly :farmer:

bazzais

• Joined Jan 2010
    • Allt Y Coed Farm and Campsite
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2012, 06:57:11 pm »
If the stove is over 4kwh you will need to have vents fitted. Even if your doors and windows leak like sieves and are open most the time.

I'd say another £700 on top depending on the source and size of the slate you wanted.

Baz

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS