Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Puppy  (Read 4536 times)

sabrina

• Joined Nov 2008
Puppy
« on: November 01, 2011, 08:05:54 pm »
For most of my childhood my birthday list and Christmas was always the same, a pony, dog, cat or a little sister.  I ended up with 2 brothers Well Yesterday my OH gave me an early Birthday present, an 8 wk old collie pup as yet to be named. He is a very livley lad with a good pair of lungs. Considering I will be 60 in December it just goes to show wishes can come true. :dog: ;D

Old Shep

• Joined Feb 2011
  • North Yorkshire
Re: Puppy
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2011, 08:38:54 pm »
oooh - lucky you!  The best things are worth waiting for. Enjoy!!
Helen - (used to be just Shep).  Gordon Setters, Border Collies and chief lambing assistant to BigBennyShep.

WaltDisneyWorld

• Joined Apr 2011
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2011, 09:23:43 pm »
How lovely. What a super birthday present.

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2011, 10:33:34 pm »
Congratulations on finally fulfilling a childhood dream.

I am daily (sometimes hourly) revelling in finally fulfilling one of mine, with my 5 little piglets running riot around the farm.

I wish you at least as much fun and satisfaction from your collie pup as the piggies are giving to me!
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

Cinderhills

• Joined Jul 2010
  • North Yorkshire
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2011, 08:15:32 am »
How fantastic.  Would love to see a photo when you have time.  :)

Oops, just noticed your link.  How adorable!!

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2011, 09:18:10 am »
Ah, he's lovely. So is your OH  :)

sabrina

• Joined Nov 2008
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2011, 11:50:41 am »
yes I am very lucky with my OH, he is one in a million  ;D

ellisr

• Joined Sep 2009
  • Wales
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2011, 12:05:16 pm »
The puppy is adorable and looks like he will turn into a very nice dog, and yes your husband is one in a million

Greenerlife

• Joined Mar 2009
  • Leafy Surrey
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2011, 01:31:09 pm »
Too cute!

I had the exact same wish list and I finally got a pup two years back.  My life is completely changed! Enjoy!

Sudanpan

• Joined Jan 2009
  • West Cornwall
    • Movement is Life
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2011, 07:18:44 pm »
Good name  ;D ;D ;D Enjoy - he looks fab  :wave: :wave:

sabrina

• Joined Nov 2008
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2011, 11:55:32 am »
We had a debate on his name as I know Rascal is more suited to a terrier but it does suit him as he is just that, a little rascal. Yesterday I took him round to the barn while I mucked out the stables. He had to walk past the chickens and ducks. No problems, pigs started screaming at the top of their voice as they could hear me and thought must be coming with food, I wasn't. Rascal just gave them a look through the gate and followed me inside. Try cleaning a stable floor with a pup doing his very best to nick my sweeping brush. Every time I went round to the muck heap with the barrow he came too but had the sense not to get run over. Already he knows his toys and not to take Jake's. Jake on the other hand has tried to have all new toys plus the new dog bed but I was having none of it. He is still giving me dirty looks. Once the ponies were in last night the dogs and I had a walk around the field as usual Jake was far too busy doing his own thing but Tanya kept a watchfull eye on Rascal. He slept better last night, only out once for a pee then back to bed. OH had a flight to catch to Orkney so we were up at 5.30 am after an early breakfast the dogs went back to bed while I got on with making a pot of soup.  ;D

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS