Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: RSPCA Donations ?  (Read 9055 times)

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
    • festivalcarriages.co.uk
Re: RSPCA Donations ?
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2011, 12:17:21 pm »
Anke, its so sad that those of us with elderley, thin, wobbly animals have to have them pts rather than let them live out their lives.

A friend dowloaded me some very interesting info on the RSPCA - and they did say them did need police and a warrant.  They had no warrant when they came here - but they did say that they do take the police, because they do encounter some irate people not allowing them access.  Wearing a uniform with a collar number, its understandable that people think they are law enforcers.

I still think some law was passed that did give them a big more weft than they had?

They seem to have a lot of money available looking at the new vans etc. they drive round in :)

Anyway, I will not be informing them of any so called cruelty cases, would rather go and give the owner an ear wagging my self if need be, that subject anyone to the horror I went through.

bigchicken

• Joined Nov 2008
  • Fife Scotland
« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2011, 09:50:43 pm »
They will get no money or support from me either,  A number of years ago a sspca person had the nerve to enter my property to inspect my dogs on a complaint from a neighbour.  I was not there at the time and would have not known anything about the visit had it not been for another neighbour telling me.  I was not pleased and immediately phoned the local sspca man and asked him what he thought he was doing entering my property with no permition and leaving no notice that he had been there,   He replied that he was acting on a complaint from a member of the public and that everything was OK with my dogs.  I said that was good but it would have been nice of him to have arranged his visit with me and I would have been only to happy to let him see my dogs as I had nothing to hide.   I said to him how would he like it if I came to his home and had a nosey about.  A friend also had a similar thing happen to him not once but three times till it got through to the sspca man that the complaining party had a personal grudge against my friend. I like many have watched programs on the tele about these organisations and have not been impressed.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2011, 08:42:22 pm by bigchicken »
Shetland sheep, Castlemilk Moorits sheep, Hebridean sheep, Scots Grey Bantams, Scots Dumpy Bantams. Shetland Ducks.

Plantoid

• Joined May 2011
  • Yorkshireman on a hill in wet South Wales
« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2011, 10:56:46 pm »
I use to run with a commercial rabbit enterprise and as a  paid up member of the national association I was invited to sit in on the comitee  .

One rabbit farmer was " visited " by the zealots from hell .
They looked at all of his 1,000 or so plus  herd and found three cases of early ear canker which is easily treatable for pennies .

The rabbit farmer had the stuff on hand to do it and it was part of his normal routine to check for it every week and treat in isolation cages when it was found .

The zealots demanded he sign over the whole herd which he did because the fear of god was placed on him .
Result RSPCA had no facility to handle or feed the herd so they put them all down at the farm and paid for the carcass removals .

I too have had run ins with them on my own livestock set up . I was not covered by any UK legislation for what i was doing so someone in the RSPCA decided on their own back that a different area of live stock regulation would apply to me , I told him to go away in short sharp jerky movements.
 they turned up mob handed with a police man a week or so later .

They still did not gain access for I explained the situation to the copper who on reading the RSPCA's paper work said "  no nothing in there allows you access " .

A few weeks after they turn up again with another  policeman and a warrent for access because " Someone had reported me for inflicting cruelty on my animals and not looking after my stock " .
This time I readily  let them in ..

You should have seen the look on their faces for the sheds were totally empty they'd been power washed out and sterilized .

It was all part of our planned closing down and moving homes exercise because of my increasing disability that had been in place for several months .
International playboy & liar .
Man of the world not a country

feldar

• Joined Apr 2011
  • lymington hampshire
« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2011, 09:12:30 am »
My Hubby used to be a dairy farmer and he had a cow that went down and spread herself a  thing that sometimes happens with cows. He called his farm vet and she was under his care unfortunately she developed an ulcer on her leg. He was reported by a " friend" for cruelty, (this cow is still under the vet) RSPCA and Trading Standards called out so hubby let them on farm he had nothing to hide.
This all ended with him nearly being prosecuted for cruelty and all this with the cow under the vet. It ended up with inspectors vet and Trading standards having a standup row in his yard with him watching on!!
The cow was shot and they all went away happy but mud sticks and he found people refered back to that cruelty case for a long while afterwards.

robert waddell

« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2011, 07:35:42 pm »
just seen there latest advert wanting your money to help them with the greatest animal rescue ever
 TO FEED AND PROVIDE FOR THESE ANIMALS THEY HAVE SAVED FROM CRUELTY :farmer:

Herdygirl

• Joined Sep 2011
Re: RSPCA DONATIONS ?
« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2011, 09:00:23 pm »

I think we both knpw the same inspector penninehillbilly, she is one of my dearest friends, i have known her work a 13 hour shift and then stay up til 2am with a dying guineapig (someone thought that it would be alright for several weeks without food or water) that she had rescued that night.  She has no time for the 'fluffy bunny brigade' and bends over backwards to help people.

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
Re: RSPCA DONATIONS ?
« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2011, 09:16:54 pm »

I think we both knpw the same inspector penninehillbilly, she is one of my dearest friends, i have known her work a 13 hour shift and then stay up til 2am with a dying guineapig (someone thought that it would be alright for several weeks without food or water) that she had rescued that night.  She has no time for the 'fluffy bunny brigade' and bends over backwards to help people.
She is to be commended but the organisation is the problem - it has become self generating and should be stopped.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Plantoid

• Joined May 2011
  • Yorkshireman on a hill in wet South Wales
« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2011, 09:30:44 pm »
It used to be that the RSPCA was full of vets with knowledge & common sense but now it appears it is squeemies and veggies who do their damdest to stop people having animals as pets or for meat .

If only joe Public and his family knew a how it all stacks up they'd be out of business PDQ

Just do a google search on the heirachy and you'll see what I mean .
International playboy & liar .
Man of the world not a country

Herdygirl

• Joined Sep 2011
« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2011, 09:37:44 pm »
It's true that the organisation will not employ enough vets these days.  local vets will not back up inspectors for fear of losing business.  by the time a court order is obtained, some animals cannot be saved

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS