Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: billy had to go  (Read 3607 times)

colliewoman

• Joined Jul 2011
  • Pilton
  • Caution! May spontaneously talk rabbits!
billy had to go
« on: October 25, 2011, 09:10:39 pm »
 :'( :'(

i tried, i really did try to help this fella, but i have had to give up :'(
he would NOT have anything to do with the girls, even though everything seemed to be in working order. he certainly fancied my sheep.....
and the neighbours sheep........
and anything that looked like a sheep.
none of my fences could hold him, he spent his days lusting after sheep and escaping. the last night i had him i had to chain him, which broke my heart but i had to stop him straying, he could have caused some real damage.

someone however, knowing what he is like is willing to have him though :o and not for the freezer??? though i wouldn't have minded if they wanted to eat him. so good luck bruther billy, may the world be kinder to you than it has been, and may you forget your past.

at least his feet have been mended and he will eat from the hand now :goat: :goat:
We'll turn the dust to soil,
Turn the rust of hate back into passion.
It's not water into wine
But it's here, and it's happening.
Massive,
but passive.

Bring the peace back

Anke

• Joined Dec 2009
  • St Boswells, Scottish Borders
Re: billy had to go
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2011, 09:47:42 pm »
What a shame.... have you got a replacement lined up? It seems strange though that he was keen on the sheep?

colliewoman

• Joined Jul 2011
  • Pilton
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2011, 10:14:08 pm »
i think he had only ever been kept with sheep. i dont normally go with the whole 'oh bless he thinks he's a dog' stuff you hear people say, but i think this was truly the case. he thought he was a sheep. he fancied sheep, he mounted sheep and he hated the goats ::)

yes i have a replacement, i've been chatting with a lady who keeps lots of goats and my girls are going to go on holiday to see her billy, and next year she has my billy kids. works out all round and she's near enough i can go visit the girlies whilst they are away ;D
It's not water into wine
Massive,
but passive.

Bring the peace back

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
    • festivalcarriages.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2011, 10:17:34 pm »
I can  understand billy liking sheep if he had lived with them all his life, but very strange that he was not interested in female goats. 

colliewoman

• Joined Jul 2011
  • Pilton
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2011, 07:49:05 am »
nope, he hated them even in raging season. i've never heard of anything like it before, but it's put me off ever having a billy again! ::)
It's not water into wine
Massive,
but passive.

Bring the peace back

tizaala

• Joined Mar 2011
  • Dolau, Llandrindod Wells,Powys
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2011, 09:40:33 am »
He was probably a Welsh Billy.!!!

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
    • festivalcarriages.co.uk
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2011, 10:29:16 am »
All three of mine are raring to go - although Darren spends a lot of his time mounting his large castrated companions, and so far, has not even looked down the field towards where the females are.  The two smaller billies on the other hand, are like rampant bulls :)

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS