Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: solar PV done!  (Read 5325 times)

northfifeduckling

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Fife
    • North Fife Blog
solar PV done!
« on: October 19, 2011, 10:19:58 am »
that's the college funds for the kids gone but hopefully we can pay them back before they leave home  ;D

you can have a look at the work in progress - if this inspires you to invite the company for a quote through what you see on our blog, please let them know!  :&>

http://north-fife.blogspot.com/2011/10/solar-panels-electricity-for-free-north.html

Greenerlife

• Joined Mar 2009
  • Leafy Surrey
Re: solar PV done!
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2011, 12:01:12 pm »
So exciting to see usage that you don't have to pay for!  Can't wait for the damn planning people to get their act together so I can get mine going.

Cinderhills

• Joined Jul 2010
  • North Yorkshire
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2011, 05:21:19 pm »
Thanks for the blog, really interesting. They blend in quite well too.

kingnigel

• Joined May 2009
  • Gainsborough
  • www.zabalaz.co.uk
    • Zabalaz Siberian Huskies
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2011, 10:06:41 pm »
looks fab, we sign on the dotted line tomorrow.
kn

Dan

• The Accidental Smallholder
  • Administrator
  • Joined Oct 2007
  • Carnoustie, Angus
    • The Accidental Smallholder
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2011, 10:13:16 pm »
Woohoo, good for you!  :thumbsup:

We've got a 3.96KWh installation, and it's addictive. I'm sure we're more careful with our electricity usage at night now too, since we don't want to spend all of that hard-earned money generated during the day.  :D

ambriel

• Joined Jan 2011
  • Kinlochbervie, NW Sutherland, Scotland
  • Mad, bad, and dangerous to know!
    • Harbour Cottage
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2011, 11:49:17 pm »
That's great! I'd love to do the same here. We have a whole south-facing roof that ought to be ideal for the job.

Plantoid

• Joined May 2011
  • Yorkshireman on a hill in wet South Wales
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2011, 12:30:00 am »
Woohoo, good for you!  :thumbsup:

We've got a 3.96KWh installation, and it's addictive. I'm sure we're more careful with our electricity usage at night now too, since we don't want to spend all of that hard-earned money generated during the day.  :D

Ever though of changing the less inportant lights in your home to internal transformer low voltage LED  bulbs that plug in to the 240v system sockets  , We have done this and the quartly bill has dropped by nearly £15. Seeing that these bulbs  are about 20 years of use and the cost of the electricity is only gong to climb I think the £120 we spent on the bulbs is worth while . We have had the bulbs for just over 2 & 1/2 years .
 The LED bulbs  are in groups of four each light is on a ball joint so you can aim it ..three white and one blue
this gives a better light than just four white 1.5 watt bulbs .

In the lounge and office I have put in ( when we rewired the place ) new 12 volt light units that have an external transformer in the roof void for each light .
 We have a total of 9 x 12 volt 10 watt incandescent  bulbs in the three wall lights and 12 x 12 volt incandescent bulbs in the two overhead lights .

It certainly makes for as much light as the old 240 volt incandescent bulbs but is a fraction of the price for their power.

Oh we recently  had to replace the 12 yr old TV so got an all singing all dancing 3D led 42 inch TV by LG

This is or was a few months ago one of the smallest power consuming TV'son the market for its size .
« Last Edit: October 20, 2011, 12:36:03 am by Plantoid »
International playboy & liar .
Man of the world not a country

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS