Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Meeting Hilary Pig  (Read 4523 times)

pigsatlesrues

• Joined Oct 2008
  • Normandy, France
Meeting Hilary Pig
« on: January 23, 2008, 10:40:48 am »
Just wanted to share my first meeting with Hilary Pig.

One thing you have to know about Hilarysmum is that she is very small - Hilary pig however is very big - very very big! So when we read about how 'mum' gets bowled over, now I know why. She is the most enormous gal - I suppose you would describe her as a black pig with white spots rather than the other way around, although she is a GOS X. She is the gentlist giant you will ever see and produces the most beautiful babies.

It was a very interesting and informative visit and one thing that struck us immediately was that the GOS element in the crosses with both Saddleback and Tamworth really does give the most wonderful shape to the pigs destined for slaughter. A real good rounded sturdy body on every single one. Once our Gossies get to the right age I think we shall be doing a bit of experimenting for ourselves.

So to anyone out there wondering if you can get a black pig with white spots then yes you certainly can and if anything like 'our Hilary', will be absolutely perfect!

Thanks for the most wonderful day Lyn!

Kate
Bonjour et avoir un bon jour !

Hilarysmum

• Joined Oct 2007
Re: Meeting Hilary Pig
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2008, 10:49:39 am »
Thanks Kate we too had a great day.

carole

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2008, 08:29:42 pm »
I think after my visit , we have changed all our attitudes to Tamworths. Kate I have a soft spot for linnie, but I have to say Pumpkin is devine.
Thanks Lyn for sharing your "pig paradise" with us all, and hope to do it all again in Feb.
Oh and Hillary is a gem too!!!
Carole

Hilarysmum

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2008, 08:47:07 am »
Carole its nice to find another convert to Tamworths.  In my opinion the best of all breeds.  You do need a sense of humour to love them.

So will you be looking for a tamworth in the near future?

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS