Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Why is TAS so special  (Read 16542 times)

Cobra

• Joined Jun 2010
  • Somerset
    • Millers Of Sedgemoor
    • Facebook
Why is TAS so special
« on: October 15, 2011, 08:04:31 pm »
I am not an admin, I am not personally involved, I am not related to the owners of the site, I simply came here a year ago, loved it, loved the people who i now see as real friends and I have gained experience in boat loads.

I was doing a paragraph on my website recently to encourage people to visit here; On completion I thought it may be good to add it here for new people visiting this great site.

"What makes the Accidental Smallholder so special?"

"As well as the friendly people that make up the forum, they are a wide mix of abilities and smallholding size's from experienced farmers who now run commercial smallholding's as a living, to people who have a few chickens in the garden at home: That makes a boiling pot of wonderful advice and experience from tales of success to tales of whoa, everything you need to get you heading in the right direction.

There are No stupid questions! Ask anything, you will get answers without feeling uncomfortable: Stupidity is loosing an animal or injuring your self because you didn't ask!"

Welcome to TAS and enjoy your stay, Take time to read some threads and introduce yourself, relax knowing your amongst people who really care, with a passion about what they do and love to share their experience and knowledge so others can feel the enjoyment that smallholding brings.

Thank you TAS and the people who spend time here.  :love: :trophy: :love:

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
Re: Why is TAS so special
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2011, 08:49:20 pm »
aw!
:D
Little Blue

manian

• Joined Sep 2010
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2011, 09:55:04 pm »
double awwwww :thumbsup:

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2011, 10:52:15 pm »
You're so right.  I've only been on here a few weeks but already I feel part of the TAS family.   :thumbsup:

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2011, 11:00:34 pm »
Captured it perfectly Cobra.

(sings) And so say all of us!   :thumbsup:
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

pikilily

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Do what you enjoy; And enjoy what you do!!
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2011, 11:08:28 pm »
for we're such jolly good fellows,
for we're such jolly good fellows,
for we're such jolly good fellows..
and so say all of us!!   

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
ET x
If you don't have a dream; how you gonna have a dream come true?

Dan

• The Accidental Smallholder
  • Administrator
  • Joined Oct 2007
  • Carnoustie, Angus
    • The Accidental Smallholder
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2011, 10:18:06 am »
This is Rosemary not Dan - we're at the Shetland Cattle Breeders' Association AGM, pretending to be proper cattle breeders, and I haven't got my laptop with me.

Swallowed the lump in my throat to say thanks to cobra, but also to all the folk who post on here. It does feel like a family - we have our little spats, but usually it doesn't last and we're all friends again. Love it - and missing my daily fix even though it's only one day  ;D

pikilily

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Do what you enjoy; And enjoy what you do!!
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2011, 12:42:46 pm »
 :bouquet: :bouquet: :bouquet: :bouquet: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :bouquet: :bouquet: :bouquet: :bouquet: :love: :love: :love: :love:.

Happiness is - A way of Life, and friends to share it with  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Emma T xx
If you don't have a dream; how you gonna have a dream come true?

Kevski

• Joined Oct 2011
  • Romford Essex
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2011, 10:51:30 pm »
Cobra, I have just joined TAS this evening, your post is the first I have read it is a credit to the good work of the site and its admin team. It is also very reassuring for new comers to the site, offering a friendly welcome. I did place a reply to you a little earlier but that has not appeared on this forum, so I probably done something wrong and now someone is reading another forum and seeing my reply to you completely out of context. I am a newbie so i should get away with it this time.  :thumbsup:

Cobra

• Joined Jun 2010
  • Somerset
    • Millers Of Sedgemoor
    • Facebook
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2011, 02:41:04 am »
Wonderful responces thank you. As always tis from the heart and tis but the truth.

Dan & Rosemary:- enjoy the show, you are proper cattle breeders, heads held high and be proud of your achievements your an inspiration to everyone here.

Kevsk:- I'm pretty sure you got away with it  ;) :D Thank you for your reply, very reassuring to know you spotted the post and joined in with a reply; that was the reason and purpose of the thread and you just made it all worth while, welcome to TAS Kevski and enjoy what i hope will be a long and enjoyable experience.

sabrina

• Joined Nov 2008
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2011, 04:23:55 pm »
Its just so great knowing that TAS is there when we need help or just a chat  ;D ; :wave:

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2011, 10:05:25 pm »
What's even better is sometimes meeting up in groups and being face to face with forum members - you can chat away to each other like you've known them all your life.  I've made LOADs of friends since joining up when I moved down here almost 4 years ago now.  Thanks from me too Rosemary and Dan. :bouquet: :bouquet: :love:
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Sudanpan

• Joined Jan 2009
  • West Cornwall
    • Movement is Life
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2011, 07:38:22 pm »
I 'discovered' TAS while we were dreaming of getting our smallholding and thinking of what we could do and how - a few years on and I am SO glad that I have TAS to turn to when I have issues, or just want to while away a bit of time catching up with everyone else's adventures.
Thanks to Rosemary and Dan - and to all the TASers  :bouquet: :bouquet: :trophy: :trophy: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :wave:
Tish

tazbabe

• Joined Aug 2010
  • ayrshire
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2011, 05:51:15 am »
i love it here too xx
you may light another's candle from your own without loss

Skirza

• Joined Mar 2011
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2011, 07:39:59 pm »
Ditto to all the above. It's wonderful knowing that if you need advice, someone on here will have the answer. For me also, it's a place to come and share my s*&^y day because you know whatever glorious portion of the dungheap life has decided to hurl at you, someone has had similar, someone will laugh at your misfortune (in the nicest possible way) and several people will send virtual hugs. I too love it here  :thumbsup:

Kerry xxx

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS