Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Worth Knowing About  (Read 1994 times)

JulieS

• Joined Mar 2009
  • Devon - EX39 5RF
    • Ford Mill Farm
Worth Knowing About
« on: October 13, 2011, 10:52:14 am »
This was sent to me in an email today.  Thought it was worth passing on.....

Postal Scam:
Can you circulate this around especially as Xmas is fast approaching - it has been confirmed by Royal Mail. The Trading Standards Office are making people aware of the following scam:
A card is posted through your door from a company called PDS (Parcel Delivery Service) suggesting that they were unable to deliver a parcel and that you need to contact the m on 0906 6611911 (a Premium rate number).
DO NOT call this number, as this is a mail scam originating from Belize .
If you call the number and you start to hear a recorded message you will already have been billed £315 for the phone call.

If you do receive a card with these details, then please contact Royal Mail Fraud on 020 7239 6655              020 7239 6655      .For more information, see the Crime Stoppers website:http://www.crimestoppers-uk.org/crime-prevention/helping-prevent-crime/scams/postal-delivery-scam   

Pedigree GOS Pigs and Butchery for Smallholders.

Crofter

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Isle of Lewis
  • We'll get there!
    • Ravenstar
Re: Worth Knowing About
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2011, 11:15:30 am »
Sounds like it was genuine once but may be several years out of date. See this article http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/experts/article-1684241/Is-this-0906-6611911-number-a-scam.html

Still wise to be warned at this time of year though, someone may have started up a similar thing on another number!
Comfortable B&B on a working Croft on the Isle of Lewis. www.Ravenstar.co.uk

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
Re: Worth Knowing About
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2011, 11:45:42 am »
No-one sends me anything apart from Mole Valley Farmers and amazon  :( so it's not likely to be an issue for me.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS