Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Living the dream in France!  (Read 4746 times)

MooMoo

• Joined Mar 2009
Living the dream in France!
« on: March 04, 2009, 11:48:49 am »
Hi everyone

I'm currently living in Normandy with 5 acres of land. I have 3 ewes (first lot of lambs came yesterday morning much to my delight!!), 12 bantams, 2 German shepherd pointers and a German shepherd, 2 cats and alternate years we fatten up 3 weaners for the freezer and to sell to friends. I also fatten up a dozen ducks and 3 geese each year. we are totally self sufficiant on veggies throughout the year and I grow perennials to sell for extra cash. I am delighted to have stumbled across this sight and really look forward to chatting to like-minded people and asking you guys for your advice on many, many things.

Excited already and have loads of questions to ask..........:)

MooMoo

• Joined Mar 2009
Re: Living the dream in France!
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2009, 12:10:26 pm »
I can't believe I put Greman shepherd pointers instead of German shorthaired pointers........ My husband has said I can have a few blonde moments and that was definately one of them...... Anyway after the bad first impression, a big HI to everyone!!!

jameslindsay

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Nr St Andrews, Fife
  • "Blossom" one of my Pygmy Goats
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2009, 12:12:34 pm »
Welcome, it is a great site and peole are very friendly and helpful.

James

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2009, 12:29:59 pm »
Having a German Wirehaired PLONKER myself I guessed that was what you meant!  Either that or they were crosses  ;)
Welcome to the forum - I can see why you named this thread living the dream - you have stolen my dream.  If hubby had still been alive we'd have been in France too - mind you I'd never have seen him, he'd have been up in  the Alps all the time. ;D ;D ;D
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

MooMoo

• Joined Mar 2009
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2009, 12:38:21 pm »
Thanks for the welcome guys.... it seems avery friendly site. Annie..... yep ur right..... german shorthaired PLONKERS is spot on.....

sellickbhoy

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Muiravonside, near Linlithgow
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2009, 07:06:12 pm »
welcome Moomoo

ah, how i envy you........i have a wee mongrel, we reckon he's a mix of springer, collie and pointer - he likes his exercise that's for sure!!! I'm looking to get a companion for him and a GSP is top of the list

also, i'm just sorting out my camping holiday in France for the summer, heading for Limousin - gonna scout around the area to see what it's like and see if i can find a nice wee place to settle in and search for my future farm.

the weather in scotland doens't make ths gardening lark a lot of fun, so i'm hoping to move somewhere with a longer season and proper seasons instead of constant grey drizzle

welcome.....

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2009, 07:57:15 pm »
Hi, and welcome. Sounds like a great set up you have there.

Hilarysmum

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2009, 05:55:53 pm »
Hi welcome from Brittany, just down the road really.. :pig:

If you ever find yourself fancying a trip to Brittany please do come on over, meet Hilary and the girls.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2009, 06:04:48 pm by Hilarysmum »

MrRee

• Joined Jan 2008
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2009, 06:33:48 pm »
Welcome from another Normandy dweller. Put yer pin on the members map,Normandy needs more pins!!!
   Noticed you're after some manglewurzels for your pigs,I have about 100 spare seeds if it's any help,let me know...... Ree
They don’t join cliques — more times than not, they stand alone — but they recognize and gravitate towards one another. Only warriors understand other warriors.

chickens

• Joined Jan 2008
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2009, 06:40:08 pm »
Hi and welcome, this is a great site with loads of information and very friendly people.  Whereabouts in normandy are you? we are on the border.

MooMoo

• Joined Mar 2009
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2009, 04:15:27 pm »
Thanks for the welcome guys!!
Ree- thanks or that offer of the seeds, but I must have 20 large boxes given to me by my neighbours. Gonna look now to pin myself on the map....
Hilarysmum- might take you up on that one day.... are you near Cancale, as that is a quarterly oyster fix for us.
Chickens- We are based in St Fraimbault, Orne. About 10k from Domfront. Where are you in this green and camemberty land!!

chickens

• Joined Jan 2008
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2009, 04:57:20 pm »
Hi Moomoo

We are not very far away from you as we are in Brece near Gorron.  Know Saint Fraimbault quite well.  Have you been here long? We have been here for quite a few years now, no regrets, just finding it a real struggle at the moment but then isn't everyone.

Hilarysmum

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2009, 09:22:21 am »
Moomoo we are in 56, Remungol village situated between Pontivy and Locmine.  Anyone ever in the area please feel free to come over.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS