Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Brass Monkeys looking for a welder.  (Read 4373 times)

tizaala

• Joined Mar 2011
  • Dolau, Llandrindod Wells,Powys
Brass Monkeys looking for a welder.
« on: October 11, 2011, 06:20:43 pm »
just got off the latest weather predictions for the uk

Summer still, but be warned. This seems very daunting. This Year will continue the Cycle of 'Colder & Snowier Than Normal' Winters for the UK

'The 2011-12 winter may be one of worst overall for UK in last 100 Years with past two a mere curtain raiser'

HIGHLIGHTS

Extreme Cold Will Be a Regular Visitor with Low Temps of between -16 to -24C possible from Scotland's far north to the Suburbs of London

Another White Christmas is possible for most of the UK, most likely over Scotland

Cold and Snow to Arrive to much of UK by December 15th and may last throughout January I have real concerns about what winter may bring to us across the UK in 2011-12. Low solar activity is continuing to force me into the thinking of harsh winter weather for us and although winter arrived early during 2010-11, don't be fooled when winter doesn't arrive by December 1st.

Renewed High-Latitude Volcanic Acivity, Quiet Sun Spot Acivity and Near Neutral ENSO or La Nina Pattern in Pacific Points to Another Harsh Winter

I believe the continued unsettled and wet summers the UK is experiencing continues to point to increasingly colder winters and with a near neutral ENSO and the continued influence of high-latitude volcanic activity, major 'blocking' will send exceptional cold from the Pole, Northern Europe and Siberia across the UK and my fear is that this will set up shop for a sustained period of time which may test all-time record cold in many UK towns and Cities.

This winter may bring severe icing on the River Clyde, Thames, Loch Lomond and even around some UK coastal areas.

The worst of the cold I believe will hit around or just after New Year following a 3rd UK-wide White Christmas in a row and may last through much of January. Within this cold spell, Highs may struggle to reach -10C in Glasgow and Edinburgh and lows may take a run at -20C. Many English and Welsh towns and Cities may struggle to reach highs of -6 to -8C and lows may tumble towards -18 to -21C.

It is possible that the all-time coldest reading in the UK of -27C reached at both Braemar, Aberdeenshire and Altnaharra, Sutherland may be threatened if not beaten and even in areas of England we may see the first -20C low since the 1960s and 70s.

As for Europe, Arctic cold may spread continent-wide during late December and we may be looking at a period of severe cold after a snowy December from the UK to Poland. Record cold and a maximum test to humanity, the power system and transport infrastructure may make for tough living for 2-3 weeks in January.

Re: Brass Monkeys looking for a welder.
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2011, 06:25:06 pm »
Deep Joy!!
www.suppliesforsmallholders.co.uk - Safe Secure shopping for all your livestock equipment and supplies.
Also www.suppliesforfarmers.co.uk for more larger farm related items

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2011, 06:35:45 pm »
Deep Joy!!

My thoughts exactly. Better get the salt delivered. ::)

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2011, 07:01:06 pm »
No need Rosemary, prepared this year, a couple of barrels of Safethaw in the barn ready and the Non-freeze hydrant fitted and ready - bring it on !  :bunny:
www.suppliesforsmallholders.co.uk - Safe Secure shopping for all your livestock equipment and supplies.
Also www.suppliesforfarmers.co.uk for more larger farm related items

Big Light

• Joined Aug 2011
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2011, 08:23:18 pm »
I'm buying Speedo's :o
all these things are always wrong and usually sponsored by the sellers of snow shovels / tyres etc

robert waddell

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2011, 08:30:20 pm »
so you are a budgie smuggler :D :D :farmer: :D :D

Big Light

• Joined Aug 2011
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2011, 08:35:13 pm »
Struggle to get my big lights in a box yet alone the speedos lol ;D

Heres my prediction

bazzais

• Joined Jan 2010
    • Allt Y Coed Farm and Campsite
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2011, 10:45:54 pm »
I read the front cover of the Mail too when I was queuing for fags - all doom and gloom. -  Even so, I left feeling frightened (apprehensive) of the winter (with all that winter stuff to do) ahead.

bazzais

• Joined Jan 2010
    • Allt Y Coed Farm and Campsite
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2011, 10:48:42 pm »
Even making 'the look' of smuggling a budgie fanciable (considering the temperatures) wont work, I fear.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2011, 10:50:49 pm by bazzais »

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS