Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Anyone going to..........  (Read 4399 times)

McRennet

• Joined Mar 2011
Re: Anyone going to..........
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2011, 11:31:22 am »
I went!

I have never been to a livestock auction before to know if this one was any better/worse than others, but everyone was very friendly! I had a quick meeting with the lady from the Rare Breeds Survival Trust who was brilliant at suggesting other breeders for the animals i was interested in. Plus I think we are going to get her involved with our school as we are looking at rearing our own pigs, I'm trying to convince them about chicken too!

But from a goat point of view although there wasn't much there, I quite liked what I saw. Especially the Anglo-Nubian x Angora, if they hadn't already sold I would have been bidding away!
There were two lovely Pygmy goats but I don't believe I would get much milk or meat from them!

The whole reason I went was for the Golden Guernsey but the RBST lady rang me as I was en route to tell me that it was a castrated male. Ain't that just my luck!

Will go again but I will talk someone knowledgeable with me next time!

McR  :wave:

sam.t

• Joined Mar 2009
  • goole east yorkshire
Re: Anyone going to..........
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2011, 07:00:01 am »
i didn`t get to go after all hubby was at work and as i dont drive couldn`t get there but someone i know on facebook went and said i was ok she`d bought some ducks
sam  :chook:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS