Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Some help please  (Read 6784 times)

Miss Piggy

• Joined Mar 2011
  • Cardigan Bay, Ceredigion
Re: Some help please
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2012, 08:24:17 pm »
Fantastic news, well done, all that stress and worry had a h appy ending  :thumbsup:

scotelf

• Joined Aug 2010
  • West Lothian
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2012, 10:47:12 pm »
Thank you  ;D

Not sure that we will apply for a house here Robert. But at least for the moment I can be on site getting on with things. Will decide later in the year if we want to apply to build. Unfortunately my back has been the worst ever the last few months and I may have to make a decision not to proceed with my dream to be here running it as a business. I may end up spending all the profit on the chiropractor,  ::)
Lynn :)

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2012, 11:20:15 pm »
Brilliant but go carefully with your back.

mcginty

• Joined Apr 2010
  • Tyrone, N.I.
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2012, 11:48:08 pm »
Here in Ireland we don't seem to have this bureaucracy or at least i have never came across it.
Accept when building a dwelling. If you own a piece of land you keep what you like.
Horses, pigs,goats, etc. I don't think anyone would look over the hedge to see what was on the other side.
Farm sheds can be built without planning.
Am i right in thinking you need permission to put a caravan and keep animals on your own land.
That's the way the cookie crumbles.

scotelf

• Joined Aug 2010
  • West Lothian
« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2012, 01:21:56 pm »
Thanks everyone  ;D

mcginty, you don't need permission to keep animals on your own land. However, you can't site a caravan, let alone live in it, without planning consent. Nor can you build a farm shed, animal shelter....all need planning I'm afraid. It's a pain in the a***. Horses are even more difficult as they aren't classed as agricultural here, unless you can prove they are working on the farm/smallholding horses.

I'm thinking for the moment we'll stay in the caravan until the end of summer. Not take on too much that I can't manage alone, and try and find a house close by. That way the pressure is off me until I see how my back is. My husband helps me a lot, but he has just been told he may be going from 12 hr shifts to 8, so that means he will be away more days per week  :(

Maybe in the future we'll get to live there....
Lynn :)

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS