Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Agricultural notification  (Read 5491 times)

jacksonsrarebreedpork

• Joined Mar 2011
Agricultural notification
« on: October 09, 2011, 09:11:44 am »
hi all
does anybody have any experiance with an agricultural notification ?
how many mts away from neighbouring houses should it be ?
thanks

waterhouse

Re: Agricultural notification
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2011, 09:28:18 am »
Forget the Sunday papers, read http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/1995/418/contents/made.  But the Agri planning exemption requires you to check first with the local planners.

Anke

• Joined Dec 2009
  • St Boswells, Scottish Borders
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2011, 08:36:46 pm »
Speak to your planners, it depends on the individual local authorities, size/use/design etc of proposed building(s)... We have had no problem in using it for building sheds and a polytunnel onto Section 75 land (i.e. land with agricultural use only and for ever).

wytsend

• Joined Oct 2010
  • Okehampton
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2011, 09:50:01 am »
400m & 25m from the nearest highway.    These are the official figures but can be adjusted by the planners.

bazzais

• Joined Jan 2010
    • Allt Y Coed Farm and Campsite
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2011, 07:20:12 pm »
Just had me a nice shed built, but still waiting for the doors to be galvanised :(

One piece of advise - is be ready within the 28 days - if you see the rep from your planning authority poking around have some coherent facts and justifications up your sleeve.

When I was going for my Prior Notification it was just by chance I met the guy who had come down with his wife for the visit.  Luckily it gave me a chance to speak to him and explain fully what I proposed the new shed to do and its future function.

gl with it

Baz

Surrey Dodger

• Joined Jan 2012
  • West Sussex
  • Another fine day :)
    • Nell Ball Farm
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2012, 01:28:17 pm »
Under Part 6 of General Permitted Development Order you must be over 400 meters from what is called a 'protected building' ONLY if you are housing livestock. A protected building would usually be a dwelling (but not a farmhouse) or other place were people wil be inside ona regular basis.

If you build a general farm barn then  you may use it to house animals 'temporarily' even if within 400 mtrs of a house.

There's a whole raf if do's and don'ts when it comes to dealing with planning officers on permitted development notifications. The most important being, don't always believe what the planning officer tells you!
www.nellballfarm.com There's always room to improve animal welfare

clydesdaleclopper

• Joined Aug 2009
  • Aberdeenshire
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2012, 06:02:18 pm »
Remember that the rules are different in England and Scotland. I'm not sure where you are but make sure you check the correct regulations.
Our holding has Anglo Nubian and British Toggenburg goats, Gotland sheep, Franconian Geese, Blue Swedish ducks, a whole load of mongrel hens and two semi-feral children.

FarmerJase

• Joined Feb 2012
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2012, 10:01:46 pm »
Hi,

I'm a Planning Consultant (a nice one;)) in England and Wales the Prior Notiication procedure is a process where you submit details of the location, scale and proposed use of the building. If the proposal meets certain criteria and is classed as Permitted Development (i.e. something that does not require planning permission) the Authority has 28 days from notification of reciept of your submission to then tell you (a) whether it is not classed as permitted development and planning permission is required or (b) to comment on its general appearance. colour etc. but not its principle. Whether something is permitted development or not depends on a whole range of things such as the size of the enclsoure you are putting the building, the size of your holding, the use of the building, proximity to roads, houses, listed buildings, aerodromes .. there's quite a list, so let me have some more details and I'll see if I can give you some more advice.

FarmerJase

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS