Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: City-dweller says hi  (Read 3663 times)

markp

• Joined Oct 2011
City-dweller says hi
« on: October 04, 2011, 08:55:49 pm »
Currently living in Birmingham, but desperate to get out! Had chickens (yet to replace them after a visit from the fox) and grow a lot of veg, love cooking, and take every opportunity to get out camping.

cmorrell suggested I join the site, so you can blame him :)

faith0504

• Joined Aug 2010
  • Cairngorms
  • take it easy and chill
    • blaemuir cottage
Re: City-dweller says hi
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2011, 08:58:35 pm »
hi and welcome from moray  :wave:

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2011, 11:31:39 pm »
 :wave:Greetings from sunny Shropshire.  You're not far from me and I'm in a big town (Telford) but keeps goats and grow fruit and veg in my garden.  :goat: :brocolli: :apple:

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2011, 12:02:42 am »
Hi there, I'm farming in north Cumbria now but West Midlands born and bred.  (So you see it is possible to get out!  :D)
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2011, 08:07:20 am »
Hello and welcome from Carnoustie  :wave:

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2011, 08:32:08 am »
Hello  :wave:  just down the road in Worcestershire/cotswold borders  :) welcome to TAS!!
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

Hazelwood Flock

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Dorset.
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2011, 03:20:09 pm »
Hi from Darzet! :wave:
Not every day is baaaaaad!
Pedigree Greyface Dartmoor sheep.

FiB

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Bala, North Wales
    • Facebook
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2011, 05:41:35 pm »
Hi from Bala via Birmingham (moved from Sutton Colfield 6 months ago and its been worth waiting for!!!!)  If you want to come and visit look up Bala in campinmygarden.com (a great camping community).  Good luck!

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2011, 06:02:38 pm »
Just tried looking it up and, according the the site, there are no campistes in Bala.  ???

FiB

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Bala, North Wales
    • Facebook
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2011, 06:12:14 pm »
oops - its changed a bit - you have to search by location and then zoom out!!!!  Here its is http://campinmygarden.com/campsites/253 - there are quite a few other smallholdings offering camping on there, we loved welcoming our first campers over the summer.

tizaala

• Joined Mar 2011
  • Dolau, Llandrindod Wells,Powys
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2011, 07:16:53 pm »
living in brum ? how can you call that Living, come on now do get a grip. and welcome from an ex Wolfrunian.

FiB

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Bala, North Wales
    • Facebook
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2011, 08:43:25 pm »
25 years (for me) in Wolverhampton and Birmingham only make the move sweeter when it comes!  (and I'm not knocking the midlands either - great place to live and work, just a little limited for acreage and animal rearing opportunities!!).  hope the forum is as useful to you as me Mark, 'tarar a bit'
« Last Edit: October 13, 2011, 08:46:05 pm by FiB »

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2011, 11:57:43 pm »
Well aren't we a bunch of Enoch and Elis?!  (Born, bred and dragged up in Walsall.)

It's a funny thing, but all my life I've been able to answer the question, "Where's Walsall?", with "About halfway down the 3rd division" - just the divisions have different names now, currently it's called League One.  ::)
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2011, 12:08:58 am »
And there'sme moving into the West Midlands (Telford) as everyone else is moving out.  My OH is a real townie though.  He didn't like it when we lived n a market town, population 25,000.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS