Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Duck treats  (Read 1695 times)

Blueeyes

• Joined Jul 2011
  • East Yorkshire
Duck treats
« on: October 04, 2011, 10:47:44 am »
Hiya guys, our four Swedish blue ducks have settled in fabulously and from the first day onwards the 3 girls have laid eggs, they quack like mad every time they see me, and for the first time this weekend they went into the field with our two Shetland ponies and 6 Shetland sheep and had a great time wandering around and getting into everything  ;D all the animals got on great with no problems whatsoever  ;D

But what we are wondering is what lovely treats do you guys give your ducks??? Ours love tomatoes all chopped up, and like peas and cucumber again chopped up small, but we would like to find other things to give them so they get varied treats.

So any ideas gratefully received as always  ;)

Blueeyes xx

daddymatty82

• Joined Aug 2010
  • swindon
Re: Duck treats
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2011, 11:46:58 am »
aint tomatoes poisonous for the feathered variety? only asking as i just heard a chook breeder saying it did not know if true.

Blueeyes

• Joined Jul 2011
  • East Yorkshire
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2011, 12:03:33 pm »
The leaves and vines are toxic to all birds but the actual tomatoes are fine, my ducks go mental for them and are still alive and quacking  ;D

Blueeyes xx

daddymatty82

• Joined Aug 2010
  • swindon
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2011, 12:09:29 pm »
thats what i thought if anything was true it would be the vines and leaves bloody hell if fruit be toxic why do we eat them

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS