Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Things to do when you have the flu.  (Read 2546 times)

tizaala

• Joined Mar 2011
  • Dolau, Llandrindod Wells,Powys
Things to do when you have the flu.
« on: October 02, 2011, 03:40:10 pm »
Gabi (the long suffering missus ) has been laid up with the flu for the last week or so and has not been able to do much around the holding, So instead of getting bored and laying about she has been updating our website to create a new page for our sheep, and a good job she has made of it too. Well done dear , where's my dinner ?

bazzais

• Joined Jan 2010
    • Allt Y Coed Farm and Campsite
Re: Things to do when you have the flu.
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2011, 05:42:01 pm »
I am surprised you've not burned, I mean cooked, her a dinner already - thats what I do for my misses when I am left fending for myself ;)

Baz

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2011, 11:50:02 pm »
So instead of getting bored and laying about she has been updating our website to create a new page for our sheep, and a good job she has made of it too.

She has too.  I remain envious... but continue to plot...  :D
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

northfifeduckling

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Fife
    • North Fife Blog
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2011, 09:26:38 am »
I had it, too - I am amazed that your missus could do anything at all involving her brain - I was aboslutely braindead! Sleep, sleep, doze and of course cook and look after the animals as nobody else was doing it. I must be at death's door for anyone to chip in  :( Hope she is on the mend as this is one nasty bug!  :bouquet: :&>

tizaala

• Joined Mar 2011
  • Dolau, Llandrindod Wells,Powys
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2011, 03:03:27 pm »
Poor you Northfife, Gabi went down with it a couple of days after the Midland Game Fair, She normaly just ends up shrugging these things off after a couple of days, but this time it's really got to her, she has spent the last week coughing all day and night ,took her to the Docs this morning to try and get some antibiotics, can't even get an appointment till Thursday.
 About 3 years ago I had the pneumonia injection and since then I have managed to avoid the general flu type things that go the rounds, touch wood. :thumbsup:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS