Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: free plants North Fife  (Read 4033 times)

northfifeduckling

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Fife
    • North Fife Blog
free plants North Fife
« on: March 01, 2009, 09:44:09 pm »
Any guerilla gardeners in the neighbourhood? I'll have to get rid of quite a few plants from the garden over the next few weeks. Here's a start, free to whoever wants them:
comfrey
3 ash trees
lots of brambles
:&>

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
Re: free plants North Fife
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2009, 03:08:14 pm »
Yeah, we've got brambles too.

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2009, 04:04:20 pm »
And me - but no fruit on them last October so perhaps they need pruning back ??? >:( >:( >:(
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

sellickbhoy

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Muiravonside, near Linlithgow
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2009, 09:47:30 pm »
Hey Northfifeduckling

you still got any brambles going free? I've just increased my raised bed area and i'm looking for some to fruit to grow. I ahd a couple of bramble plants last year, but only got a couple of berries off them :-(

cheers
chris

northfifeduckling

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Fife
    • North Fife Blog
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2009, 10:20:47 pm »
Yes, Chris, loads, especially if you have a few minutes helping me to dig them up. Part of my garden looks like Sleeping Beauty's property lol. email me to arrange sth if you are serious. I don't know if I'd put them in a raised bed as you'll never be able to get rid of them again. In between a hedge or along a fence would be best, gives some protection against predators, too, this way. :&>

northfifeduckling

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Fife
    • North Fife Blog
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2009, 05:26:52 pm »
update:
I just found loads of self seeded herb fennel (for salads or to grow the seeds, not the veg/bulb) and herb celery (like parsley, but tastes of celery) plants. To many to transplant and too good to throw them on the compost. Any takers welcome. :&>

sellickbhoy

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Muiravonside, near Linlithgow
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2009, 05:29:50 pm »
Just returned from North Fife and a bramble gathering expedition.

thanks for the brambles, we had a great wee tour around Fife.

i'm now just preparing a wee spot in my garden hedge to plant the wild bramble beasties - i've decided to leave a large sharp pair of garden shears within easy reach just in case they try to take over my garden!!!

thanks
chris

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS