Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Is it normal???  (Read 2778 times)

Hatty

• Joined Feb 2011
Is it normal???
« on: September 27, 2011, 08:11:13 pm »
I think Jalaini is in season not 100% sure, not making a lot of noise not wagging her tail lots, but has a small amount of bloody discharge is this normal??? she is bright as a button other wise eating well and generally acting the goat!!
How long did you say it would take me to dig this 5 acres with my spade?

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
Re: Is it normal???
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2011, 08:44:02 pm »
is she the older one?  has she kidded before?
Little Blue

wytsend

• Joined Oct 2010
  • Okehampton
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2011, 06:34:14 am »
Yes she has kidded.. once and very easily.

Are you sure it is blood, Hatty ?   I would expect her to be coming into season about now..... if she is shouting a lot, even tho' not wagging.... note date.  It may be a false season... sometimes happens first one of the year... she will shout again in about 5/6 days.

Suggest mating her in 21 days.

wytsend

• Joined Oct 2010
  • Okehampton
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2011, 06:37:22 am »
You could also get a piece of rag... towel is best... take it to Roxy for her to wipe over Darren.  If Jalani is in season , she will react to that.  But keep the rag sealed in a poly bag otherwise it will lose its smell.

Hatty

• Joined Feb 2011
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2011, 08:43:23 am »
@ little blue yes she is the older one

@ wytsend not sure its blood but very dark, Juno has been doing all the shouting lol and both of them very interested in trying to mount each other, will keep a close eye on them and let you know how it goes
How long did you say it would take me to dig this 5 acres with my spade?

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
    • festivalcarriages.co.uk
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2011, 10:07:30 am »
 :)  Sometimes that first season is not always "true" as Wytsend says - sort of a practice for the real thing ;D

You will know about it with the bleating, and tail wagging, usually tappng against the side of a shed.

I could always rub a towel over Darren and post it .....but there may be some puzzled posties wondering what the smell is if it comes open in the post ......we could be charged for sendng smelly towels through the post!!!

Let me know when you want Jalani served - depends if you want a kid in March or a little later?  Just keep a note of when she is next due, but obviously you will need to arrange with me prior to that to get her here.

Juno will come into season too - already had one of my 6 month old kids in, but you do not need to worry about her until next Autumn.  If Juno is jumping on Jalani then yes, its a season.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2011, 10:09:47 am by Roxy »

Anke

• Joined Dec 2009
  • St Boswells, Scottish Borders
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2011, 09:36:41 pm »
My billy rags always arrive through the post - sealed in a polybag (double) and then in a jiffy bag - no complaints and I cannot smell it (until I open the bag that is...). Works well and a great help on an all-female holding.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS