Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Any BBM groups?  (Read 4152 times)

chriso

• Joined Apr 2010
  • Cumbria
Any BBM groups?
« on: September 22, 2011, 12:40:23 pm »
I've just got myself a new Blackberry phone and started to get contacts on BBM which is a free worldwide messaging service and I was thinking that a group one for such as this forum would be a good idea.
We could use it for general advice, special offers, warnings, tips etc, etc.

What do you think?

my pin - 28109CF6

:thumbsup:

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Talley, Carmarthenshire
Re: Any BBM groups?
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2011, 01:43:27 pm »
Chriso,
I was in the fotunate positon of being able to hand back my BB when I left work last week and feel free wthout it. 
I now just have a regular mobile so wouldn't be interested in the BBM groups but thats not to say tha others wouldn't like it.
Sally
Life is like a bowl of cherries, mostly yummy but some dodgy bits

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2011, 03:48:15 pm »
I so do not miss being ultra connected since I left the mobile telecommunications world in 2004.

So thanks but not for me, thanks.
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

bazzais

• Joined Jan 2010
    • Allt Y Coed Farm and Campsite
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2011, 09:22:04 pm »
Can I politely decline too :)

I only connect to a network cos its where I make my ££ - if I had a choice I would not connect to any network other than the people that turning up on my doorstep.

Free messaging sound good though :) - but I dont have a blackberry and even if I did it wouldn't work.

gluck.

Baz

daddymatty82

• Joined Aug 2010
  • swindon
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2011, 05:02:02 pm »
i was thinking similarly about a smallholder app as im on android i cannot find one anywhere   

waterhouse

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2011, 09:40:24 am »
No thanks  Being ultra-connected means I can run a business which pays for my smallholding but I keep that part of my life  completely separate. 

chriso

• Joined Apr 2010
  • Cumbria
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2011, 12:02:04 pm »
i was thinking similarly about a smallholder app as im on android i cannot find one anywhere

Glad to hear someone has the same idea daddymatty.

It is just the same thing as everyone does on here just that it would save time logging on to a computer and you do have a choice of when you put your phone on or read messages.  :D

daddymatty82

• Joined Aug 2010
  • swindon
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2011, 07:52:12 pm »
i got multiple chat type apps am on FB  i got all my forums on my bookmarks  also i  chat like ping which you can get on BB android and i phone i think but if you look up ping chat give me a shout il add ya its not 100% good as some days you dont get msgs people send you untill you look it up but its good

bazzais

• Joined Jan 2010
    • Allt Y Coed Farm and Campsite
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2011, 08:08:16 pm »
I am aware that TAS must must make a bit of top -up cash through the internet (this awesome site, provided along with the extensive know how on both sides of the digital-wall) to help keep things running at home - - I am interested in what you do waterhouse? Do ya work online too?

How many others here have been allowed this freedom of lifestyle because of the internet? Or at least been helped along by the fact the internet is available, alongside the traditional, at home, and farm activities.?

For me, although I do like to 'socially network' the internet is something that essentially is a job available to anyone who wants to learn the fickle methods involved.

Baz

waterhouse

« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2011, 09:18:00 am »
My business is corporate strategy.  Technology allows me to have an office address in the West End but work from home, or indeed from any park bench with a good 3G signal.

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2011, 02:23:24 pm »
I've only just got my blackberry and it still baffles me (up till a couple of weeks ago I thought they were thorny things you put in a crumble)  I'd possibly be interested, yes. Let me just suss out how to get the ringtone to work first though and other such minor issues  ;D
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS