Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Smallholders in Tayside area  (Read 1548 times)

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
Smallholders in Tayside area
« on: September 22, 2011, 09:52:15 am »
You may all know about this but I got a leaflet from my vet practice the other day for Tayside Agricultural Training Group - AGRITRAIN Agricultural Skills Training

TATG is a farmer / vet group established to provide training and knowledge for farmers and students in Tayside.

There are three vet practices involved - Parkside Vet Group, Robson Vet Hospital and Thrums Vet Group. Courses are farm based, limited to 10 participants and delivered by local vets and industry experts.

Individual membership is £20 and you get a discount on course fees.

The website is www.agritrain.com tel 07767 444 260

Unfortunately, the two events on the website are past and there's no indication of what course fees are or the discount. Worryingly, I emailed them when I got the leaflet and have had no response.

Still, probably work bookmarking and chacking back from time to time. I'll put stuff up here when I find out more.

Might be a good opportunity for local TASers to meet up as well  :wave:

nic99

• Joined Jul 2011
Re: Smallholders in Tayside area
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2011, 02:18:40 pm »
This looks like a really good initiative. Such a shame they don't seem to be very organised. Please do give a heads up if you hear anything more, as I am keen to get a smallholding venture off the ground on my land and would most likely be interested in some of the courses.

Corrie Dhu

• Joined Jul 2011
Re: Smallholders in Tayside area
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2011, 10:43:41 pm »
I've been on a calving course I think done by them at Thrums.  Was worth doing and strangely most of the folk on the course were very experienced farmers sons/daughters who had "gone to learn how to do it right" lol

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS