Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Candles  (Read 2322 times)

princesspiggy

Candles
« on: October 24, 2011, 07:00:33 pm »
im looking to buy some handmade candles, made in britain (preferably scotland).
does anyone here make and sell them?
thanks

HappyHippy

Re: Candles
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2011, 09:27:26 pm »
Depends how many you're looking for  ;)
I have been starting to make for Xmas fairs  :thumbsup: (but haven't got terribly far yet - too many jobs and not enough time  :-\)
The ones I've made are in little glass jars with beaded trim round the top (non-flammable  ;)) so far I have 6 blackberry (dark purple colour & blackberry scent) or 6 winter frost (pale blue mottled effect with white top and a Xmas spice scent)
They are very pretty (will try and post a pic) burn time 24 hours+ I've not figured out the exact costings yet, but they're likely to be around £4 each.
I'll charge the camera tonight and post pics tomorrow.
Karen  :wave:

princesspiggy

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2011, 12:25:30 am »
im needing them for candleabras or candlestick holders etc so need to be skinny ones....ta x

Plantoid

• Joined May 2011
  • Yorkshireman on a hill in wet South Wales
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2011, 11:39:54 pm »
You can make your own rolled candles from sheets of pure bees wax unwired foundation and a wick .

Thornes of Wragby lincolnshire sell such stuff .
A pack of 10 sheets  commercial frame size should see you able to make quite a few . They also sell wick string.     This allows you to make then as thick or thin as you like.

Using  foundation like this means you still get some aroma of flowers visited by the bees being given off as the candles burn and there is less smoke than adjusted candle  waxes
International playboy & liar .
Man of the world not a country

princesspiggy

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2011, 12:26:30 am »
thanx, im gona have a try  ;D :wave:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS