Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Planned forum downtime - Monday 12th September  (Read 50723 times)

Fleecewife

• Joined May 2010
  • South Lanarkshire
    • ScotHebs
Re: Planned forum downtime - Monday 12th September
« Reply #30 on: September 12, 2011, 11:58:20 pm »
I'm just starting to get used to it now  :D :thumbsup: and as others have said it will probably take a while.  It does all seem very spacious and I am well pleased with the new wildlife section, which I have duly posted in  :D :bee: :ladybug: :bfly:  Thank you Dan, and Rosemary for keeping him sane while the work was being done  :D

I suppose it's my less-than-perfect eyes, but I am struggling with some of the print - grey on grey (as in the main forum page), orange on green - in fact anything with the green background. I've no idea how these things work so I don't know how adjustable it is. And I do like how things glow   8)

But overall - ten out of ten  :thumbsup:
« Last Edit: September 13, 2011, 12:02:16 am by Fleecewife »
"Let's not talk about what we can do, but do what we can"

There is NO planet B - what are YOU doing to save our home?

Do something today that your future self will thank you for - plant a tree

Love your soil - it's the lifeblood of your land.

Dan

• The Accidental Smallholder
  • Administrator
  • Joined Oct 2007
  • Carnoustie, Angus
    • Facebook
« Reply #31 on: September 13, 2011, 08:12:41 am »
I suppose it's my less-than-perfect eyes, but I am struggling with some of the print - grey on grey (as in the main forum page), orange on green - in fact anything with the green background. I've no idea how these things work so I don't know how adjustable it is. And I do like how things glow   8)

Thanks for the feedback, I'm tweaking the colour scheme today to improve the contrast and readability.

But overall - ten out of ten  :thumbsup:

Thank you!  :thumbsup:

robert waddell

« Reply #32 on: September 13, 2011, 08:35:49 am »
i will go with the same complaint  it is hard to read on all the different colours black on white is perfect
possibly it is like sleeping with a strange woman?

violet

• Joined Jul 2009
« Reply #33 on: September 13, 2011, 10:41:07 am »
I expect the wind was wrecking havoc somewhere between you & me, though it never reached us. But I couldn't find your new site 'till today. Tried several times and before I went to bed about 11pm, but just the old site & the maintenence message on the forum section.

Just thought I'd let you know in case a few folks are still having problems.

Looks lovely though, congratulations  :trophy:  :)

HappyHippy

« Reply #34 on: September 13, 2011, 01:14:18 pm »
Well, I'm here (finally) but only cos I'm using the pc in the public library  ::)
Will do the dns teccy thing once I'm home Dan - fingers crossed I'll be back later  :-*

jaykay

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Cumbria/N Yorks border
« Reply #35 on: September 14, 2011, 06:51:02 am »
Hurray, hurray we're back  ;D I could only get on forward the first time this morning. Maybe it was the storms? Anyway, it looks good - off to have a play  :)

robert waddell

« Reply #36 on: September 16, 2011, 03:21:38 pm »
what a differance with the change back to white boards :thumbsup: :farmer: :thumbsup:

Fleecewife

• Joined May 2010
  • South Lanarkshire
    • ScotHebs
« Reply #37 on: September 16, 2011, 04:21:59 pm »
what a differance with the change back to white boards :thumbsup: :farmer: :thumbsup:

Yes it's great now thanks Dan for tweaking it - my eyes have stopped watering from the orange/green clash  :thumbsup:  I won't whinge too much about the big empty green bit which fills the screen when you first go to a thread ;D

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #38 on: September 16, 2011, 04:27:06 pm »

Yes it's great now thanks Dan for tweaking it - my eyes have stopped watering from the orange/green clash  :thumbsup:  I won't whinge too much about the big empty green bit which fills the screen when you first go to a thread ;D
well I will!  It's a horrid shade of green too  ;)  You wouldn't be colour blind are you, Dan?  ;D ::)
Oh, and as I am getting long in the tooth and need to peer at them is there any chance the smileys could be increased in size? :love:
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #39 on: September 16, 2011, 04:40:59 pm »
Oh, and as I am getting long in the tooth and need to peer at them is there any chance the smileys could be increased in size?

Maybe you need new glasses, Annie?  ;) :D  (That's WINK followed by CHEESY GRIN)

http://www.boots.com/en/Google-Offers/GBP5-Eye-Test/?cm_mmc_o=2zF5zbTECjCR5fbgbzElCjCVzbp%2520mwzygtCjCwYw%2520w0zFbEzfbBE   

You can also increase the zoom on the screen.  (Page -> Zoom : I use 125% when my eyes get tired.)

I won't whinge too much about the big empty green bit which fills the screen when you first go to a thread ;D
well I will!  It's a horrid shade of green too  ;)  You wouldn't be colour blind are you, Dan?  ;D ::)

I don't get a big empty green bit.  I get the headings / menus in an olive green banner, but nothing I would describe as large and empty.  It's not my favourite colour either, but then it's not my site!
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

Dan

• Administrator
  • Joined Oct 2007
  • Carnoustie, Angus
    • Facebook
« Reply #40 on: September 16, 2011, 06:39:16 pm »

You need to empty your cache Annie - it sounds like your browser is still loading one of the old site stylesheets so you'll be seeing an unholy mess.

It should look like the attachment below...

Fleecewife

• Joined May 2010
  • South Lanarkshire
    • ScotHebs
« Reply #41 on: September 17, 2011, 12:27:21 am »
I see why someone said the stars are square - mine are still pointy  ;)

I definitely get the big green screen, for example when I click on 'forum', the list of 'home', 'livestock', 'Veggies' etc is still on the left, with a similar depth of empty green filling most of the screen, then the messages themselves are just visible peeping up at the bottom of the page.  Isn't this what everyone has?

Also, it seems that if you are typing a reply and someone else beats you to it, it no longer comes up with a red warning that this has happened, so you can modify your reply accordingly.

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
« Reply #42 on: September 17, 2011, 12:34:37 am »
Sounds like you need to clear your cache, too, Juliet.   :wave:

I do still get the red warning - although I think it's now at the top of the visible screen and seems just a tad less noticeable.  Having said which, I'm not sure whether I've seen it on 'Post' or only on 'Preview'...
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #43 on: September 17, 2011, 12:36:04 am »
I see why someone said the stars are square - mine are still pointy  ;)

I definitely get the big green screen, for example when I click on 'forum', the list of 'home', 'livestock', 'Veggies' etc is still on the left, with a similar depth of empty green filling most of the screen, then the messages themselves are just visible peeping up at the bottom of the page.  Isn't this what everyone has?

Also, it seems that if you are typing a reply and someone else beats you to it, it no longer comes up with a red warning that this has happened, so you can modify your reply accordingly.
Yes, that's what I get too.  But my stars are square.(screen drop attached) And I get the message about another post having been made.
You can also increase the zoom on the screen.  (Page -> Zoom : I use 125% when my eyes get tired.)
or press ctrl and the plus key  ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: September 17, 2011, 12:38:51 am by doganjo »
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
« Reply #44 on: September 17, 2011, 12:38:52 am »
or press ctrl and the plus key  ;D ;D ;D

Aw, brilliant!  Thanks, Annie.  :thumbsup:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS