Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Muscovy males in Scottish Borders  (Read 2052 times)

goosepimple

• Joined May 2010
  • nr Lauder, Scottish Borders
Muscovy males in Scottish Borders
« on: September 11, 2011, 08:16:29 pm »
Free Muscovy males.   Won't give more than one away at a time and don't want to give any of my females away with them as pairs. I've got 4 males to get rid of, they're not fully grown or flying yet and are lovely looking from almost pure white to lavender colours and are young and shy.  Im half hour south of Edinburgh and too late to put them in the rare breeds show at Carlisle this weekend. ::) 
registered soay, castlemilk moorit  and north ronaldsay sheep, pygmy goats, steinbacher geese, muscovy ducks, various hens, lots of visiting mallards, a naughty border collie, a puss and a couple of guinea pigs

milly molly

• Joined Dec 2007
  • abington sw scotland
Re: Muscovy males in Scottish Borders
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2011, 01:10:27 am »
hi,
i would be interested in a couple of your boys, just bought 9 girls but she was short of boys and i need more than 1 boy as also got 7 x runner ducks manless too, willing to swap a girl for 2 boys if you are willing they are black and white.
theyve got 8 acres with a stream running thru to wander over although ive got the younger ones up at the house till they are too big for the buzzards.

mandy

goosepimple

• Joined May 2010
  • nr Lauder, Scottish Borders
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2011, 02:58:23 pm »
Hi mm, apologies for not getting back sooner - we are having building work done and our bt line was accidentally pulled off by the builders and then waited 3 days to have it reconnected, so apologies.  Yes, you are welcome to a couple of boys, they are various colours - mostly light coloured and are not crosses.  You could come and pick, they're not flying and won't be for a couple of months at least although they are on their way to being full sized, just a lot of wing flapping going on at the moment.  We are easy to find being on a main road (Edin to Coldstream road A697, we are an old mill and it is a well known place).  pm me as soon as you like and I will forward my phone details.  We used to keep runners but they were all eaten but I do love Muscovies, they are so bold, not scared of our daft border collie at all. :&> :&>
registered soay, castlemilk moorit  and north ronaldsay sheep, pygmy goats, steinbacher geese, muscovy ducks, various hens, lots of visiting mallards, a naughty border collie, a puss and a couple of guinea pigs

milly molly

• Joined Dec 2007
  • abington sw scotland
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2011, 05:42:14 pm »
pm sent

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS