Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: What crafts are you working on?  (Read 8366 times)

ellisr

• Joined Sep 2009
  • Wales
What crafts are you working on?
« on: September 06, 2011, 04:19:32 pm »
Now the evening are starting to close in I have started on xmas decorations and gifts.

I have made lots of diffent hanging felt ornaments and now starting on strip patchwork placemats, cushion covers.

I am also working on hay carry bags but can't quite get them how I want them just yet.

lachlanandmarcus

• Joined Aug 2010
  • Aberdeenshire
Re: What crafts are you working on?
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2011, 04:39:24 pm »
Im starting this winter's tapestry - had the heraldic leopard last year so doing a Klimt abstract one this year! very good for winter days once the chores are finished and it's dark outside and the fire is lit :-)))

deepinthewoods

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2011, 04:43:44 pm »
ive just built a shave horse and nearly finished my pole lathe, should keep me warm and busy this winter!

HappyHippy

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2011, 05:41:20 pm »
I'm still busy with slate signs but have got a bit of spare time set aside for making some gemstone jewellery & essential oil candles, hoping to launch an 'elements' range in time for Xmas (watch this space  ;)) Got everything ready to make my peg loom (another thing on my never ending list  ::) :D) and am dusting off the watercolours so I can paint some lovely sunny pictures  8) to brighten up these dull days !
I'll probably get to Xmas themed stuff around December 23rd  :o
Karen  :wave:

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2011, 06:58:07 pm »
thinking, in quiet moments, about Christmas cards ... but haven't started yet.
and must make those candles I didn't get round to last year...

I can't sew, or knit but there's something to learn in the future :D
Little Blue

ellied

• Joined Sep 2010
  • Fife
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2011, 07:17:30 pm »
I've been busy felting since I got home a week ago - made my first pair of slippers, a large case for a couple of things I could never find a case for ;) and today made a wee pouch/purse which is currently drying over a wine bottle and needs a toggle sowed on I think..  I also need to put a few stitches in my first hat as it still has pins holding the folds in the correct place ::)

I've got commissions for about 4 scarves, a drum bag, 2 pouches, a pair of slippers and a carrying case for a large smudge feather.. all wanted for Christmas so I'll need to get going before any more goes on the list :o

I bought the shop out of red fibre and prefelt this afternoon.. and I had a big bag of fibre at the weekend too ::)  they're going to order me a 1kg of fibre in with their next order so other folk can get some ;D
Barleyfields Smallholding & Kirkcarrion Highland Ponies
https://www.facebook.com/kirkcarrionhighlands/
Ellie Douglas Therapist
https://www.facebook.com/Ellie-Douglas-Therapist-124792904635278/

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2011, 08:45:41 pm »
I've been busy felting since I got home a week ago - made my first pair of slippers, a large case for a couple of things I could never find a case for ;) and today made a wee pouch/purse which is currently drying over a wine bottle and needs a toggle sowed on I think..  I also need to put a few stitches in my first hat as it still has pins holding the folds in the correct place ::)

I've got commissions for about 4 scarves, a drum bag, 2 pouches, a pair of slippers and a carrying case for a large smudge feather.. all wanted for Christmas so I'll need to get going before any more goes on the list :o

I bought the shop out of red fibre and prefelt this afternoon.. and I had a big bag of fibre at the weekend too ::)  they're going to order me a 1kg of fibre in with their next order so other folk can get some ;D
I have a bag of wool sitting waiting for you too!
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2011, 08:48:56 pm »
I took out and looked at the tapestry of one of my dogs that I've been doing since about 3 years before she died - in 2004 ...............  and put it away again.  Christmas?  What's that?  ::)  I haven't time for that this year.  where has this year gone to? :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

ellisr

• Joined Sep 2009
  • Wales
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2011, 09:32:51 pm »
Well I have just had a rather large order for peglooms so that will keep me out of trouble this weekend.

ellisr

• Joined Sep 2009
  • Wales
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2011, 10:34:05 am »
I'm having an indoors day today as the weather is nasty and I don't feel 100%.

So I have started a patchwork quilt which I wanted to do last year for the festive season. I am making 2 and selling one (I hope) and also doing festive patchwork cushion covers.

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2011, 04:21:53 pm »
Have made some cinnamon and orange soap (with gold shimmer) ready to sell for Xmas and have also dug out the cardi I started to knit for India.  Only thing is, I started it so long ago (and literally only managed a few rows) that she's aged 2 years an I need to buy another ball of wool to finish it  ::)
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2011, 07:10:44 pm »
where does everybody sell their crafty bits and bobs?

marigold

• Joined Jul 2009
  • Kirriemuir Scotland
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2011, 01:56:41 am »
I'm knitting tea cosies for autumn birthday presents. I spent the summer making coil (african Style) baskets
No not even considering selling cos i can't keep up with the list for presents and for the family. Besides no one could afford to pay me a reasonable hourly rate for the things i make.
I have been drying calendula petals too for soap - never tried soap before. Is the first batch likely to be nasty?
kirsty

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2011, 08:12:39 am »
I have been drying calendula petals too for soap - never tried soap before. Is the first batch likely to be nasty?
Not if you stick to the recipe  :)  my first ever batch was something of a major experiment, never dreamt it would turn out ok let alone be the start of a new business. as it was, the first batch went down so well with family and friends they actually asked me to make more LOL.
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2011, 08:14:34 am »
where does everybody sell their crafty bits and bobs?
Apart from my online shop, I sell via a local farm shop, a local gift shop (in a large town) and at christmas I have stalls at Xmas fairs (schools etc).  I have to turn down quite a few though as otherwise we'd never get any Xmas shopping done ourselves and my kids would probably be a bit suspicious if santa gave them bath bombs and soap  ;D

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS