Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: micro pigs  (Read 3269 times)

Berkshire Boy

• Joined May 2011
  • Presteigne, Powys
micro pigs
« on: September 06, 2011, 10:44:24 pm »
At last some good news, apparently Jane Croft has gone bankrupt. :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
Everyone makes mistakes as the Dalek said climbing off the dustbin.

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
Re: micro pigs
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2011, 10:49:49 pm »
Well I suppose it is good news if she does indeed stop breeding so-called micro pigs and all that goes with it.

But bear in mind that bankruptcy usually means a lot of people losing money.  And often, the person running the business that went bankrupt starts up again pretty quick, just leaves those debts behind.
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

lachlanandmarcus

• Joined Aug 2010
  • Aberdeenshire
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2011, 11:05:00 pm »
Apparently all the micro pigs just carried on growing......

.....no, surely not :-OOO)))

HappyHippy

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2011, 07:19:12 am »
She might be bankrupt, but "allegedly" her accountant now actually owns her business  ::)
Seems she might not know much about the genetics of pigs or breeding but she does know how to get herself out of trouble  :-\ and as all the franchises are exactly that, franchises - they are owned by other people anyway.
I don't think it'll be the end of the mammoth micro pig saga somehow  :(
Karen  :wave:

Berkshire Boy

• Joined May 2011
  • Presteigne, Powys
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2011, 08:52:37 am »
Thought it might be too good to be true. Some people have no scruples.  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
Everyone makes mistakes as the Dalek said climbing off the dustbin.

welshlass181

• Joined Jan 2011
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2011, 09:07:40 am »
I bet she comes back with another name :( how many more pigs will be born with health issues and how many owners will end up with normal pigs :) serves them right for wanting a "trend pet" .......

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS