Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: looking for a cattle crush  (Read 9167 times)

Ash Field Farm

• Joined Apr 2008
  • banbury
  • my girls
looking for a cattle crush
« on: February 22, 2009, 09:23:42 pm »
iam on the look out for a cattel crush iam have been realy struggling to find a good quolity second hand one that i can use thats gonna be safe enough  i know its a little cheeky but i would like if people could keep an eye out for me in there local mags and let me know if u find one dont want to spend to much but i dont want to buy a new one  :cow: what kind of crushes do you use if u keep cattle  my concern is the width some of the ones i have seen i dont think mine would fit though the crush

tirdu

• Joined Feb 2009
Re: looking for a cattle crush
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2009, 09:30:41 pm »
O god yes a good crush is  1 of  important. We've had the same crush for almost 30 years, but unfortunately its working days came to an end this week when 1 of our all 15 cows bolted into the crush and ran away down the yard with the yoke and door hanging round her neck  ::) ;D

Hilarysmum

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2009, 06:56:38 am »
Lord I thought Hilary was a handful when she took the barn door off.  but a cattle crush ....

Ash Field Farm

• Joined Apr 2008
  • banbury
  • my girls
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2009, 03:17:15 pm »
wow what breed have u got  i wouldnt put it past one of mine shes had become very grumpy in the last stages of her pregnacey well shes due the 12 april but she is very large alot bigger than her last calf

The Chicken Lady

• Joined Mar 2008
  • Cheshire
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2009, 06:56:26 pm »
I have been looking out for a crush for highlands. You just don't seem to see second hand about. I am going to build something - or my husband is to do the job.
Karen

garden cottage

• Joined Sep 2008
  • forest of dean
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2009, 08:47:55 pm »
we didnt bother with a crush for the dexters after dandans advice, made a coral with gates then a further gate hinged off the corner to squash them up with, scaffold bar in behind, worked really well

Ash Field Farm

• Joined Apr 2008
  • banbury
  • my girls
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2009, 09:04:26 pm »
if that was as simple  i have aberdean angus  big animals lol  they would more any likely crush me lol one of them wont let me put the  hay out with out trying to knock me over to get it  i thought she was moody but aprenetly just greedy

tirdu

• Joined Feb 2009
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2009, 09:50:41 pm »
Well all ours are lim x so what can we expect. They arent to bad but there this 1 particular cow we have who is totally crazy. Unfortunately though she lipped on the yard a few weeks ago and damages her hip badly. So she probably wont be able to rear her own calf this year, but make it like this havent got a clue how the hell were going to get the calf from her :(

Ash Field Farm

• Joined Apr 2008
  • banbury
  • my girls
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2009, 10:28:15 pm »
hey i would like to say thanx i have brought a morris cattle crush thats a foot trimming crush as well so duel perpus i thought it was a reasonable bargin  all i have to do is a little work to the floor and its not that far from me now all i ahve to do is work out how to make a race to get them into so they will go through the crush i got the wideist one i can this ine is 30 inches wide hope thats enough this will help my next forum topice ull see soon

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS