Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Shetland Cattle for sale  (Read 5998 times)

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
Shetland Cattle for sale
« on: August 31, 2011, 09:25:32 pm »
If anyone is looking for Shetland cattle, the "For sale" page on the SCBA website is now up and running www.shetlandcattle.org.uk

cairnhill

• Joined Dec 2008
  • Aberdeenshire
Re: Shetland Cattle for sale
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2011, 09:46:36 pm »
Shame they are all in England!

egglady

• Joined Jun 2009
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2011, 10:19:44 pm »
I want one!!!!

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2011, 08:28:20 am »
Shame they are all in England!

I don't think transport is that difficult or expensive to arrange. CorrieDhu on here brought Shetlands up from Wales, I think and ours came from Shetland.

If you are in Scotland, contact the SCBA and they'll put you in touch with the Scottish reps. For the North, it's a woman called Paddy Zakaria - I haven't met her but she found us our two heifers last year and is trying to secure a hire bull for us for this year. She's very good.

Demand has been brisk up here - less so in England and Wales. Some of the prices on the website were good, I thought.

cairnhill

• Joined Dec 2008
  • Aberdeenshire
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2011, 10:40:31 am »
Also some on RBST www.rbst.org.uk/stock-exchange/cattle.  My girl is coming from Linda McCaig, St Trinians herd in Airdrie, mid Scotland.

Maggie

• Joined Jul 2011
  • Umberleigh, Devon
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2011, 06:03:30 pm »
Sorry to hijack!  I have some Shetland cattle for sale in North Devon.  A very well bred 5 year old cow with heifer calf at foot, also 2 heifers which I believe are in calf.  And a bull, also very well bred.  If anyone's interested, give me a shout.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS