Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Caught!!!  (Read 7298 times)

ellisr

• Joined Sep 2009
  • Wales
Re: Caught!!!
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2011, 10:29:53 am »
mmu get a flat cap always works for me ;D

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2011, 06:22:48 pm »

I tried combing my hair with a cat flap but couldn't get the hang of it  ;D
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2011, 07:06:52 pm »

I tried combing my hair with a cat flap but couldn't get the hang of it  ;D
;D ;D ;D
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

mmu

• Joined Aug 2011
  • Aberdeenshire
« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2011, 09:18:04 am »
Did that, well, it's not quite flat, but it does the job - if only I could remember to put it on when I'm in a hurry, which seems to be nearly all the time, except for my stop and stare moments.
We keep Ryelands, Southdowns, Oxford Downs, Herdwicks, Soay, Lleyn, an Exmoor pony and Shetland geese.  Find us on Twitter as @RareBreedsScot

Sandy

« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2011, 01:55:52 pm »
Some years ago when my three girls were little, we had been out shopping and I must have ate some thing that made me want to toilet badly, so on un locking the front door, I ran upstairs saying to the girls, I am dyeing for a big pooooo, I got into the toilet, pulled my dress right up and exposed my bum before I sat down in a dramatic way, let of a huge noise that would  be the envy of any elephant and looked ahead and saw a reflection in the tiles, a young lad was painting the toilet window outside right behind the toilet...I dropped down my skirt and ran out red as a  beatroot and nothing more was said...poor boy!!!

Cinderhills

• Joined Jul 2010
  • North Yorkshire
« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2011, 03:00:34 pm »
Oh Sandy, that story made my day!!!!  :D :D  What a shock - for you and him!

Sandy

« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2011, 03:40:45 pm »
Not speaking about it seemed to blank it out a bit!!!! Heres another true one!!

I used to go on PGL holidays as a member of staff and often be the only female, I went with the rest of the teachers to the South of France three years on the trot and have loads and loads of embarrasing mom but one time, I left the out side disco to retire, it was very late and the mens dorm was on the floor below my room, this time I did not have to share, anyway, every time I got into bed and turned around the planks on the bed and my bedding fell through, I kept having to get out and fix it, well, this happend a few times, so I struggled under the old bed to sort it out, with the mattress perched on my head and me in my nightie I was going to give it a go, when all the male staff I was with,  popped thier heads around the door to see if I was OK and they all laughed so much, so did I....I do have a reputation for funny stuff happening!!!!

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
    • festivalcarriages.co.uk
« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2011, 04:27:08 pm »
I always get dressed before feeding the livestock ....but.....never get round to combing my hair, and being thick it does look rather obvious its not been combed.  Unfortunately, people come to the field gate asking for eggs (yes, at 6.30am sometimes, on their way to work!).  I reckon by now, they are well used to me and my unruly looking hair, so it no longer bothers me.

Today,  I am in my usual attire of old jods, jumper, fleece, and rather grubby jacket as its so horrible and wet.  Jods do have an number of holes and should be in the bin, but they are nice and comfy.  Pottering around the farm, usually only seen by egg customers (who are used to my "look") its fine. But viewers to the farm for sale keep coming asking questions, and I do wonder what they must think of my attire  and probably mud smeared face where an animal has splashed me as its passed by.

The other night my husband insisted I stay in the Landy while he went in the supermarket for some bread.  It seems he had no wish to be seen with me looking like I did.  I pointed out that  I go in on my own looking like that.....and I ain't bothered!!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS