Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Grass and soil thrown around plum trees  (Read 7840 times)

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
Re: Grass and soil thrown around plum trees
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2011, 12:38:18 am »
What a transformation!  Well done!
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2011, 08:23:13 pm »
looking good Ian!
:)
Little Blue

knightquest

• Joined May 2010
  • Birmingham
    • Knight Pet Supplies
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2011, 10:04:49 pm »
Thanks guys, much appreciated  :)

It's so frustrating when I've got so much to do and the nights are closing in. We don't close the shop until 5.30 (6 days) and it's about 6.15 before I get anywhere near the allotment. Dark by 8 now  :(. I have to keep telling myself that it doesn't all need to be done now but that doesn't stop me wanting some portable flood lights  ;D ;D

:wave: Juliet, really hope you get yourself sorted as soon as possible. I'm sending energy vibes up to you as I type  :).
I've no shortage of pallets as we get at least one a week at the shop. The trick is to stop the roving pallet takers from getting them before they go in my van  ::)

Thanks again,

Ian
Ian (me), Diane (my wife) and 4 dogs. Ollie (Lab mix) , Quest (Malamute), Gazer and Boris (Leonbergers)

Sandy

« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2011, 10:58:21 pm »
My plumb tree has died, we bought it last year and it looked healthy then all of a sudden, after the leaves formed, they started to go brown then die...think it may have had something to do with planting it in a spot where there had been a pond, there may have been too much gas or something from the very wet area and the frost did it in!!!! or maybe not, other things are fine!!!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS