Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Rollercoster day  (Read 1254 times)

benkt

• Joined Apr 2010
  • Cambridgeshire
    • Hempsals Community Farm
Rollercoster day
« on: September 08, 2011, 09:42:17 pm »
Had a bit of a day of it today, on route to the butcher's my pickup died; fortunately only a few yards away from our local garage; unfortunately the crankshaft is knackered and we're facing a very hefty bill to get back on the road.  :o

When I finally got to the butcher's, I sorted out the last details of the cuts and sausages for our first three pigs (2 GOS, 1 saddleback). Our families will be collecting their halves tomorrow after having had a video night showing of 'Pig in a Day' by Hugh FW last night to give them some ideas. I've brought our half a saddleback home and spent the evening planning what to do with it all - does anyone have a recipe for making gammon?  :pig:

Sandy

Re: Rollercoster day
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2011, 09:45:56 pm »
Well done, I was just going to post the same subject but a whole dif story, on my face book I put a rollercoster ride!!!! I hate having to have cars etc, they are always a stress when they go wrong!! No idea about gammon but your port will be lovley!!!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS