Author Topic: Wizard  (Read 5968 times)

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
Wizard
« on: August 24, 2011, 05:22:36 pm »
Was thinking about Wizard earlier - the elderberries are coming in and I'm still shovelling sheep poo into dolly cases like he told me to! Anyway, its dawned on me that it must be a year since we lost our lovely Wizard - I still miss him here, I never had the pleasure of meeting him in person as I know several of you did, but what he taught me as a brand new smallholder still lives on here at Baaath Time towers - raising a glass of plum wine to you Wiz wherever you are  :bouquet:
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
Re: Wizard
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2011, 06:19:33 pm »
Hear hear.  I can't remember who it was said they'd get his recipes together in a book, but haven't heard lately.  Does anyone know if that is still a goer?  I copied a lot of them, an some of his sayings onto a Word document if it would help?
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2011, 06:21:56 pm »
The lady who was doing it is a friend of mine on FB, she's recently moved house so been weighed under with boxes not to mention the children off from school..I'll drop her a line and see what the go is with the book  :)
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2011, 07:41:25 pm »
Funny, I was thinking about Wizard yesterday  :)

HappyHippy

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2011, 07:45:53 pm »
Me too, he just pops into my head every now and then.
Hope you're having a good time up there George  ;) :bouquet:

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2011, 08:02:42 pm »
Me too, he just pops into my head every now and then.
Hope you're having a good time up there George  ;) :bouquet:
A good time????  I'll bet he's running the show!  ;D
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Hermit

• Joined Feb 2010
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2011, 08:35:29 pm »
 He was remembered yesterday on RC. On there he was known as Georgee.

Sandy

« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2011, 08:47:47 pm »
He used to make my mouth water with his discriptions of food and I always read his posts as if he spoke in a soft gentle country voice.....nice he was able to touch so many people with his words of wisdom!

northfifeduckling

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Fife
    • North Fife Blog
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2011, 09:27:45 am »
yes, I was also thinking of him the other day, looking at my sorrell. He gave me the recipe for sorrell soup and I also wondered about the book.  :&>

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
    • festivalcarriages.co.uk
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2011, 09:52:00 am »
Yes, he is sadly missed on here for his words of wisdom, and he was always willing to send people things if he had what they wanted .......  I was off line just for quite a while and thought maybe I had missed the recipe book, so pleased that I haven't!!

faith0504

• Joined Aug 2010
  • Cairngorms
  • take it easy and chill
    • blaemuir cottage
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2011, 12:00:11 pm »
im also glad i havnt missed the book, quiet often wonder how the book was going, All the best Wizard  :bouquet:

Cobra

• Joined Jun 2010
  • Somerset
    • Millers Of Sedgemoor
    • Facebook
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2011, 04:03:16 am »
Just thought of him today; then remembered the book. Did a quick search and hay presto, we all seemed to have more or less thought at the same time ish. Wreckon its as already mentioned, natures bounty at the ready. Glad he's still thought of, such a nice chap.

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2011, 11:55:48 am »
I got this far in copying and pasting recipes and quotes into a word document  - will it help anyone get a book started?  I can't remember who was going to do it :-[

calamityjane

• Joined Aug 2011
  • sauchie
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2011, 11:44:43 pm »
book sounds a good idea some of these recipes i'm def trying esp the chillie sauce i love chillies lol thanks doganjo saved it def will be trying recipes looking for a good bread recipe got a breadmaker tried their recipe no joy and tried it by hand busy trying to win a kenwood on ebay i do like baking everyone loves my biscuits i dont use a recipe as such but they taste like cookies had pancakes other day bang went diet lol

hexhammeasure

• Joined Jun 2008
    • golocal food
    • Facebook
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2011, 12:35:48 am »
I too have been away from TAS and wondered if The Wizard Book was ready
Ian

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS