Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Pine cones wanted  (Read 3460 times)

HappyHippy

Pine cones wanted
« on: August 22, 2011, 12:08:54 pm »
Hi folks,
I'm on the look out for pine cones, all the ones I have here are the wrong sort for my needs  :( I need ones that look like the photo below.

If anyone can collect me some and box them I'm happy to pay postage and will send a thank you in return - maybe some pine cone fire lighters  ;) or a little gemstone bracelet or candle or something ?

Counting on my TAS buddies (and maybe their children  ;)) to help me out  ;D

Thanks
Karen  :wave:

Dougal

• Joined Jul 2011
  • Port O' Menteith, Stirlingshire
Re: Pine cones wanted
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2011, 01:18:02 pm »
How big do you need them? will normal scots pine cones be big enough? How many do you need as well? If they are closed you can open them by just drying them gently!
It's always worse for someone else, so get your moaning done before they start using up all the available symathy!

HappyHippy

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2011, 02:18:48 pm »
Hi Dougal,
Anything over 2 inches or golf ball sized will be big enough  ;)
As for how many .......... as many as you've got lol! A boxfull (thinking nappy box size ish) would be great  ;)

Dougal

• Joined Jul 2011
  • Port O' Menteith, Stirlingshire
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2011, 02:24:51 pm »
As much as I'd like to help i've never seen pine cones up here that big. They are usually just about two thirds of the size of a golf ball, if that size. If there is anyone further south they may have more luck. :( best of luck in finding something.
It's always worse for someone else, so get your moaning done before they start using up all the available symathy!

Dan

• The Accidental Smallholder
  • Administrator
  • Joined Oct 2007
  • Carnoustie, Angus
    • The Accidental Smallholder
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2011, 06:07:05 pm »
We've got lots Karen, will start collecting.

My dad uses them for his bee smoker, but he doesn't smoke that much.  :D

HappyHippy

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2011, 06:23:26 pm »
No worries Dougal, if I think of any crafty uses for smaller ones I'll let you know  ;)

Superb Dan  ;D ;D ;D
I'll maybe get them at the CSSA meat course in September and save on the postage, unless I see either of you beforehand.
Thanks a million

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS