Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Goat Sanctuary  (Read 5201 times)

salopman

• Joined Jul 2011
Goat Sanctuary
« on: August 19, 2011, 04:49:07 pm »
We are off to see Cheryl at the Goat Sanctuary in Alderley Edge - Cheshire tommorrow.Hope it stays dry - she has about 160 goats of all types and we are taking plenty of Digestive biccys as treats !! For more info and if you can help the website is
http://www.thegoatsanctuary.org/

Cheers

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
Re: Goat Sanctuary
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2011, 05:11:07 pm »
Have a brilliant day!! I'm looking for a goat sanctuary to 'sponsor' via Its Baaath Time currently, last 2 I have contacted never got back to me, might try this one then.  Even if I can donate a basket of bath goodies a few times a year for a raffle I'd love to do that  :)
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

salopman

• Joined Jul 2011
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2011, 10:33:21 am »
Oh Lisa Im sure they would be very grateful for that - I will mention your soap to Cheryl!!

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2011, 03:12:52 pm »
Brilliant, thank you!  :)
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
    • festivalcarriages.co.uk
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2011, 05:05:02 pm »
This sanctuary is only a few miles from us - you could have called in and seen us, but for the fact we are away showing and driving ponies tomorrow .......Not quite as many goats here though - just 16!!!!

salopman

• Joined Jul 2011
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2011, 09:18:42 pm »
Well what a lovely afternoon we had at The Goat Sanctuary! Cheryl is an absolutely lovely lady and took 2 hours of her time to show us around and introduce us to nearly all of the 140 goats. You can tell she loves them all and really knows her stuff - the place is an absolute credit to her. She has all sorts - all sizes - all breeds - a great place to go if you dont know your Toggs from your BA's lol, we fell in love with Giles - a particularly handsome and large British Alpine Wether who was the size of a pony!! he followed us round and stood content whilst we chatted to cheryl, he loved attention and was a big softy (could of easily put him in the boot!) finally before we left we stood behind the gate and got 4 packets of biscuits out of car - I swear those goats can read!! wow did they love Digestives!! I will try and load some pics later - great great day - more details on www.goatsanctuary.org   -   in Alderley Edge Cheshire.

salopman

• Joined Jul 2011
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2011, 09:27:31 pm »
Here is me and Giles and co.

salopman

• Joined Jul 2011
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2011, 09:30:23 pm »
and more goats......

salopman

• Joined Jul 2011
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2011, 09:32:34 pm »
Sue making friends with a lovely young Nubian (Wether) and very friendly too...

piggy

• Joined Oct 2008
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2011, 09:33:50 pm »
Very cute,wish my grass was that green!

salopman

• Joined Jul 2011
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2011, 09:34:48 pm »
A great specimen - the goat not me lol !!

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2011, 11:40:56 am »
Ah they are amazing pictures!! you look in your element there  ;D  what amazing grass - how do they do that?! lol  the goats are beautiful, have had a look at the website and read some of the (heartbreaking) stories. thank goodness for people like this who run such havens for beautiful animals in need.

salopman

• Joined Jul 2011
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2011, 10:34:37 pm »
Roxy - thanks for your reply - what a shame - looked on map and  yes will get you next time lolol

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS